Thread: What to do with table saw?

What to do with table saw?

Hey everyone,

I recently purchased a brand spanking new Delta 36-725 from the blue store. I put it together no issues and this thing ran great. It was a huge step up from my Dewalt job site saw. Everything was going great until 10 days later Hurricane Michael came through and dropped a tree on my workshop, with the tree landing directly on the new saw . The tree bent the stamped aluminum wing, folded the front rail and bent and cracked the cast iron table. Fortunately, I have really good insurance thanks to a lifetime of bad luck lol and I got me a new saw.

My question is what should I do with the busted saw? I feel bad just throwing it in the dump, but I am not really sure what else to do with it. Anyone have any suggestions?

Assuming you bought the same model again, keep all important parts that survived as spares. Motor, arbor, belts, etc. Scrap the rest.

Wayne

If you replaced it with an identical saw, I would scarf some of the parts for repairs later if needed. Either that or sell on ebay. If the fence is intact, someone may want it for a replacement on their old saw. Motor could be salvaged, arbor nut and flange, control switch, etc..
    My Dad always told me "Can't Never Could".

SWE

The motor (along with the wiring pulleys and belt) would be very welcome in my shop.
    I would keep the hand wheels too.
    The rest of it would probably be put in the recycling center.

Make a 10" disk sander?
    Bill D

Thanks everyone that was kind of what I was thinking. The fence managed to survive unscathed and I'm pretty sure the motor and everything is still usable. Time to start breaking it down!!! Thanks for the suggestions.