Thread: Been a while Ray Allen inspired vessel

Been a while Ray Allen inspired vessel

Ray Allen inspired.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice.
    Don

Very nice work on a complex design. I think the bottom is distraction for what little it is worth.
    C&C WELCOME

Jim, I agree with Allan. I really like the accent band design and the wood choices, but like so many of the segmented pieces I see, the form seems lacking. In fairness, with the angle of the photo shots it is difficult to judge the proportions, but the reverse curve on the lower part of the olla just doesn’t work for me and is not what I have seen on pieces by Ray Allen. Additionally, I think the sweep up toward the mouth seems a little abrupt. But, those are just my thoughts and you certainly should be pleased with the accent design.

Left click my name for homepage link.

Jim, I do not agree with some of the comments made above. I think you have done a fine job with this piece!! To be inspired by an others work does not mean you are attempting to duplicate it. I have just started some segmented work with one small 4 ring high bowl under my belt so I greatly appreciate what you've done here. I'd like to know the size and woods used. Thanks for posting.

John
    I appreciate the feedback.

Thanks
    Jim T

Richard
    The feature ring is mesquite,wenge and curly maple. The rest is sapela. The feature ring is @7.75 inches in diameter and it is @ 9.5 Inches tall.

thanks

Jim T