Thread: New Ruida Controller...Is this normal?

New Ruida Controller...Is this normal?

Hey everyone! Been a while since I posted but I just installed a new Ruida Controller model 6442G into my Morn L570 laser. After setting a few parameters I finally got it working smoothly! The question I have is, this controller has a display screen that shows the graphic that you are working with. If I send a letter K for example to cut, it shows the path of the laser and the K shows on the small display. However, if I send the K to scan, the display just shows a red cursor moving back and forth, and doesn't show the graphic image of the K being filled it. Is this normal? I thought it would show the graphic anytime the laser fired, so you could see the image develop. Is there a setting I am missing in the menu, or doesn't it just show something if you send a "Cut" file? Thanks and hope everyone had a great Christmas!

Yep, that's what mine does. Better than my old one but not as nice as it could be! (If you are not using Lightburn I strongly suggest you try it. And the Corel macro works great - only sends what you have selected.)
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

Yes, unfortunately, that is normal.
    700mm x 500mm Ke Hui KH-7050 Laser
    80W EFR F2
    S&A CW5000 chiller
    Chuck style of rotary attachment

It is normal. Preview shows only (and much as), what will be "lasered".
    prew 025.jpg

Here is a my sample of engraving ~ 1/2 inch (12.5mm) high picture.
    At the bottom is a vector version at Corel (contour and filled to see what I want to obtain),
    above simulation and real engraving (0.25mm interval).
    Due engraved line thickness estimated around 0.15 to 0.20 mm there is a visible gap (say 0.05-0.10mm) between lines.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Red & Black KH-7050 / 80W EFR F2 / "24mm" head with lens 20/mirror 25mm / extended working area 720x510 | Foison vinyl cutter 2FT wide | Was working on Epilog, Mimaki, Mutoh, Roland, Graphtec, CNCs, laminators etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Smalling View Post
    Hey everyone! Been a while since I posted but I just installed a new Ruida Controller model 6442G into my Morn L570 laser. After setting a few parameters I finally got it working smoothly! The question I have is, this controller has a display screen that shows the graphic that you are working with. If I send a letter K for example to cut, it shows the path of the laser and the K shows on the small display. However, if I send the K to scan, the display just shows a red cursor moving back and forth, and doesn't show the graphic image of the K being filled it. Is this normal? I thought it would show the graphic anytime the laser fired, so you could see the image develop. Is there a setting I am missing in the menu, or doesn't it just show something if you send a "Cut" file? Thanks and hope everyone had a great Christmas!

If you are just hitting "Start" on your software to start the scan, that's what you see. If you transfer the file via the software to the Ruida, then hit the file button and load that file, you will see the preview image of the scan file, and can see the red cursor moving back and forth across the preview so you can see where it's at.
    As others have said, grab a copy of LightBurn, works great with the Ruida, and is much better than RDWorks in my opinion.
    Epilog Fusion Pro 48 - 120 Watt
    OMG Laser 60W JPT MOPA Fiber
    Mimaki UJF-6042MkII e UV Printer

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the responses! I have tried lightburn and love it! There’s a few features that could be there but it’s far superior to rdworks thus far. I look forward to continuing to learn and I hope everyone has a great New Years!