Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feeds and speeds GWizard

"
    When you learn a new machine and new software, with no formal training on the machine and a "gun to the head" because it needs to be making parts,..... "

Sounds like: "I'm sorry Officer, I didn't take Drivers Ed or get a license, I had to get to town"

There are very few cases in life where you can blast in with no knowledge or training and expect good results. Yours is yet another example that proves the point
    Gary Campbell
    CNC Replacement & Upgrade Controllers
    Custom 9012 Centroid ATC

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Campbell View Post
    "
    When you learn a new machine and new software, with no formal training on the machine and a "gun to the head" because it needs to be making parts,..... "

Sounds like: "I'm sorry Officer, I didn't take Drivers Ed or get a license, I had to get to town"

There are very few cases in life where you can blast in with no knowledge or training and expect good results. Yours is yet another example that proves the point

It proves the point because I don't remember who told me a three wing wouldn't be a good fit for my application and I was occupied learning as hard and fast as possible to get the machine cranking parts? The month following the machine showing up was a panic filled whirlwind of absorbing information.

It's making parts. We're getting excellent results. It's making money. I wouldn't mind going faster because I'm standing there for a good 30 seconds or more with with nothing to do after filing away the parts from the previous sheet. That standing around time is only going to grow as the process gets more refined. Though not by much. You can only achieve so many things in 4-6 minutes of average run time.

We will probably try a three wing, but right now I need to blow a lot of money on tooling and tool holders to do more than cut sheets. I just don't have the justification or the money to do so right now. I need to give my bank account a few months to heal.