Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alternative software for Technifor Lasertop 410?

Alternative software for Technifor Lasertop 410?

I recently bought an exceedingly cheap Technifor Lasertop 410 system; I originally bought it for parts, but as I have the entire system and cables, except for the PC, I would like to get it going. Technifor's agent have been wholly unhelpful with supplying technical support (it seems to be normal for previously owned machines from what I can gather), so I'm looking for some help. The equivalent Gravograph system, the YAG100, can act as a Windows printer, but that relies on an Ethernet port which my Lasertop doesn't have, so it looks like the only interface to the PC is via RS232; does this mean I'm stuck unless I have a copy of Laserstyle or similar?

My ULS laser can use RS232, and you can download the software from their website...
    Brian Lamb
    Lamb Tool Works, Custom tools for woodworkers
    Equipment: Felder KF700 and AD741, Milltronics CNC Mill, Universal Laser X-600

Thanks Brian, is ULS Universal Laser Systems? I can find their specific drivers for their own machines, is that what you are referring to?

Yes, sorry. Their older machines all use print drivers that work under windows and have the ability to connect to the machine using RS232 cable. I have no idea if it would be compatible with your printer, was just passing along that the software and hardware configurations are similar.
    Brian Lamb
    Lamb Tool Works, Custom tools for woodworkers
    Equipment: Felder KF700 and AD741, Milltronics CNC Mill, Universal Laser X-600

I'm loaded with Gravograph machines, none of them a YAG mind you, but all of them connect to a computer and not one of them CAN connect via ethernet, let alone 'must'..?
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Bit late picking up your repsonse Kev. Are they connected via RS232?

My newer machines (LS100, IS400, IS7000) connect usb or compact-parallel cable:
    smlpa.jpg

My LS900, 2004 model connects via above parallel or DB9 serial Null Modem cables (9600/8/none/1/Xon/Xoff)-

New Hermes aka Graftec vinyl plotter, plus most all my other really old stuff connects via DB9 or DB25 serial depending, or old fashioned parallel printer cable.

19 machines, no ethernet ports
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

Well after much searching, I located a programming manual for the Technifor UC112; although it's designed to operate a pneumatic engraver, rather than a laser engraver, I was able to test the commands on my engraver and found that it does respond to them (at least some of them). Unfortunately the protocol doesn't look like anything else I've been able to find, so I may still be stuck with getting something to work unless someone recognises the code. I've put one of the samples from the manual below to see if anyone recognises it.

7.1.1 "Linear" marking
    Code:
    <Esc>PB999<CR>         Start of program number 999
    <Esc>O<CR>         Marking head return to origin position
    <Esc>BB<CR>         Beginning of a block
    <Esc>MN<CR>         Normal marking
    <Esc>CC100<CR>         No compression or expansion
    <Esc>TA50<CR>         Size : 5 mm.
    <Esc>J2<CR>         Force Code : 2 (= solemoid valves 1 and 2)
    <Esc>M100 100<CR>     Coordinates X =10 mm. and Y=10 mm.
    <Esc>PO0<CR>         Selection of character font : 0
    <Esc>SC100<CR>         Spacing between characters : 100%
    <Esc>ETECHNIFOR<CR>     Text marked : TECHNIFOR
    <Esc>PE999<CR>         End of program number 999

7.1.2 "Circular" marking
    Code:
    <Esc>PB999<CR>         Start of program number 999
    <Esc>BB<CR>         Beginning of a block
    <Esc>MN<CR>         Normal marking
    <Esc>CC100<CR>         No compression or expansion
    <Esc>TA50<CR>         Size : 5 mm.
    <Esc>J2<CR>         Force Code : 2 (=solenoid valves 1 and 2)
    <Esc>PO0<CR>         Selection of character font : 0
    <Esc>SC100<CR>         Spacing between characters : 100%
    <Esc>MC400 400 200 1800 1 2 1 1 100<CR>
                Marking of a circle with center coordinates
                X=40mm ,Y=40mm,radius =20mm.
                Start marking angle = 180°. Marking in
                clockwise direction,
                outside the leaning circle. Normal characters
                in relation to the horizontal
                and the vertical axis, no expansion.
    <Esc>ETECHNIFOR<CR>     Text marked : TECHNIFOR
    <Esc>PE999<CR>         End of program number 999
    Thanks, Martin

I just realized 'Techinfor' is a Gravograph company- I'll contact my rep and ask him if he has access to a driver, which should be all you need to run the machine thru Corel, AI etc..

Do you have a model number, year?

Also, in re-reading your first post, the fact the Gravo yag uses an ethernet connection shouldn't matter... the laser drivers I'm familiar with have 2 choices to make as to which connection you'll use, each choice 'contains' 3 types of connections. You just pick the one you'll use and the output is usually taken care automatically, or manually in the printer options/port settings...
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    I just realized 'Techinfor' is a Gravograph company- I'll contact my rep and ask him if he has access to a driver, which should be all you need to run the machine thru Corel, AI etc..

Do you have a model number, year?
    It's a TD410 Lasertop, the year is 2007.

I think this program is for their dot impact printers, they're Technifor, too.

This model was declared obsolete in 2017, as was the Lasertop V1. It runs with a proprietary program, originally I'm pretty sure. I haven't had experience running it from anything else and I don't have it on this unit. I can't remember if it requires a security dongle or not, it may not. If you're interested, I can check and find out. It's a pretty cool galvo YAG, if it still works.

Thanks Nick; the OEM software does require a dongle and they want £1200 (about $1600) for it, hence why I'm looking for an alternative. I have managed to get hold of their 'universal driver' which is poorly documented, so I don't know if it can drive this unit or not, but the reason it was originally disposed of has become apparent as the serial interface is intermittent, but that should be an easy repair.

I've found the manual for this. Email me if you want it. Too big to attach here.

Thanks Nick; ror whatever reason, I don't seem to be able to PM you!
    Can you email me at myfirstnamelastname66 AT gmail DOT com?
    Last edited by Martin Whybrow; 05-10-2019 at 10:52 AM.