Thread: Large Cherry Pedestal Vase

Large Cherry Pedestal Vase

I've been invited to do an Arts show in Jan/Feb at a Retirement Center. This particular show has had a lot of success in the last few years, and seems to be one that attracts some fine work.

This vase is turned end grain from a cherry log [it's either ornamental cherry or black cherry. The wood was gifted to me, so I'm unsure]. It is 12" at the rim, and 10.5" tall, and made to be a centerpiece. I am making three pieces, and taking a couple from the gallery shelves for this show.

I popped the grain with danish oil, and it has two coats of satin WOP as a finish coat. Meticulously sanded with zero sanding marks left, and I hope it finds a good home for someone who visits the show next month.

DSC_cherry0787.jpg
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Very nice! I will be surprised it this piece does not go home with someone other than you.

That's a very nice piece, Roger.

Thanks Robert and Brice! It actually looks better in person than in the pic, as one can see the size in relation to other things, and the feel of it in the hands. This one has “presence”.

Part of the show prep was to send info on this to our curators for the printing of show labels, so that went off to them today. Wish me luck!

Gorgeous piece Roger! I'll offer wishes for good luck, but I'm thinking you'll do pretty well regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Tymchak View Post
    Gorgeous piece Roger! I'll offer wishes for good luck, but I'm thinking you'll do pretty well regardless.
    Thanks Brian, much appreciated!