Thread: Saw Blade Sharpening, Round Ones

Saw Blade Sharpening, Round Ones

Greetings Creekers,

I have used to the local hardware store for my table saw sharpening needs but feel that they send them to a gentlemen who puts the same grind on all the blades. Having anything from 32 tooth crosscut to a 80 tooth fine blade makes me think they need a little more attention than that. The blades are of various manufacturers and looking at the manufacturers website did not reveal a "sharpening service".

So, any feedback on a great place to send the blades is greatly appreciated.

Victor
    Remember a bad day in the shop is much better than a good day at the office!

Gain additional features, benefits and ad-free access to SMC --> Contribute

Google Dynamic Saw. Good service, reasonable prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Decker View Post
    Google Dynamic Saw. Good service, reasonable prices.
    I second that.

I use Burns Tools, in Fall River, MA, and have been very happy: https://www.burnstools.com/blade-sharpening

I send all mine to Dynamic Saws in Buffalo New York
    My Dad always told me "Can't Never Could".

SWE

Seeing that you are in my area, I've been curious about Elkhart Sharpening Service since i started woodworking a few years ago. They are on IN 19, not far north of the Parkway. As much RV business as there is in that area, they may be good--but i have no personal experience or insight, their limited web site says they started in 1979 so they've survived 40 years. Unless that is where the local Ace sends theirs--in which case we know the answer!!
    earl

I run Forrest blades and return them to Forrest for sharpening. I have also had Forrest sharpen and replace carbide teeth on non-Forrest blades and a dado set.

Forrest still sharpens non-Forrest made blades: https://www.forrestblades.com/forres...ade-sharpening.

May not be the cheapest saw sharping service, but I never could find a comparable service around where I reside.

Urichsville Carbide Urichsville, OH

Try cleaning your blades when they start getting a coating of pitch. I clean blades a lot and hardly ever need to have them sharpened. And I make a lot of sawdust.

Ridge Carbide did a nice job on a Tenryu Gold and a Systematic combo I sent them this summer.

Even though there are two good sharpeners in my county, I send mine to Dynamic Saw in Buffalo.