Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: WoodRiver vs Lie Nielsen block plane

Closest woodcraft is about an hr away, I've been wanting to go there anyways.
    There's a Cheesecake Factory up around there, so sounds like a date night to me

Northeast Ohio is close to Hartville Tool territory. There may be a few tools there to try.

The handiest tool is that one that feels comfortable in your hand. For my money, a LN 102 or the Lee Valley equivalent is a good starting point. Or watch for a forum member that has a vintage Stanley 60-1/2 for sale, and ask nice if he/she will have the blade sharpened!
    If the thunder don't get you, the lightning will.

Not too far from me, though havent been there in quite a while.
    They opened a 2nd location even closer to me, much smaller and from what I heard from a co worker a bit of a disappointment if you've been to the original

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Grund View Post
    Not too far from me, though havent been there in quite a while.
    They opened a 2nd location even closer to me, much smaller and from what I heard from a co worker a bit of a disappointment if you've been to the original
    I believe they have a large flea market, where you can shop vintage. From Youngtown, I'm about two hours east, if you want to try a wide variety of planes.
    If the thunder don't get you, the lightning will.

I have an LN 9 1/2 and Stanley 60 1/2. Of late the LN stays the n the box while I use a Stanley 18 I picked up at a reasonable price.
    I like the LN but IMO it is not enough better to justify the cost difference. I'll probably sell it.