Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Christmas tools?

Didn't get any tools, but had bought a set of modest Korean chisels (Geumhwa) off eBay, but got an extra one which was too close in size to two others, so gifted it to a cousin of mine who has taken an interest in woodworking. The chisels seem decent, esp. for the price.

Since my wife quit buying me stuff years ago I treated myself to a Felder A941 jointer and an FB510 bandsaw. Best Christmas ever!

No tools for me, however, I received the best Christmas present ever. Hazel Dani, our first grandchild, came to spend the holiday with us, along with her Mommy and Daddy. She also gave me a pair of socks.

I’m just dreading the day they have to fly back home.

Clint

4. I got a lump of coal.

Blog Entries
    Not woodworking related, but I couldn't resist adding a cheap "10 ton" hydraulic battery cable crimper to my list. Something about hand held hydraulic pumps...just fun to play with.
    NOW you tell me...

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Anderson View Post
    Something about hand held hydraulic pumps...just fun to play with.
    Well I hope you have a Porta Power, you never know when you might need to straighten a frame or pry something apart. And it's such a nice color of red.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    (As you can see, it was my turn to wear the "naughty" hat this year. LOL)
    OK Jim, if the knife was a little bigger in that first pic it could look like a Crazed Santa Horror Movie poster .

Merry Christmas to All!
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Got some deep throat clamps. Clamps are the one thing I don’t have enough of.

Welcome to Pandora’s box... I started with one. Last count was north of 2 dozen.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    I stopped getting tool presents a couple years ago. If I want something and I can justify it i’ll buy it, after talking to the Mrs of course. Bah Humbug! Just kidding, I love Christmas with my kids.
    Same here. When you've been doing this for a while, you have most of the tools you're ever going to need so I really don't get new tools anymore. The only time I buy something is either when something breaks or when I need something specific for a project. Otherwise, buying woodworking tools is a thing of the past.

Got a Grammercy Tools Bowsaw and 2 pairs of PEC Tools 4 inch dividers!
    Plus a major upgrade in shop lighting that I bought for myself!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

I got two great gifts.
    Number one was a new 14” Rikon bandsaw. The bandsaw is sweet but I need to upgrade the blade.
    Number two was the 2 rescue pitts my two sons have were able to play and not scrap. We carefully introduced them on neutral territory. Watching them chase and run as fast as they can was beautiful. I have 5 acres so they don’t have to be on a leash. They have never been so exhausted! They stayed together the whole visit.

Joe

Spoiled,

Or just very well behaved?

FA72FF08-E2AD-451F-A9F0-4788FB0AFDC8.jpg

I scored a DX90 block plane, the veritas honing guide kit, and their stainless anniversary marking gauge. Lots of new toys to play with!

I gave all the family dovetail boxes as gifts, didn't keep any pictures except the one I made for my wife:

IMG_1022.jpg