Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Christmas tools?

New Christmas tools?

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone. Hope you and yours have s great day.

What did everybody get. Tools or otherwise.

I recieved a Blue Spruce Sloyd knife and sheath.

Porter Cable 890 router, Kreg top track and production stop, multi-tool blade kit, carbide scraper, Milwaukee multi compartment tote, PJs

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays all!

Santa brought a set of Bandy clamps, 2 of each size. I was surprised by how strong their grip is compared to my other spring clamps. And a Bluetooth microscope that displays on Iphone or Ipad. Up to 1000x. Will probably get more use in my electronics work rather than woodworking, but who knows... A copy of 52 boxes in 52 weeks, and an adjustable shop stool with back and foot ring. I've worked for years just using a single height metal stool with no back, and although I have ample (ok excess) padding, I am looking forward to using a more comfortable stool for those tasks that can be done seated.

I stopped getting tool presents a couple years ago. If I want something and I can justify it i’ll buy it, after talking to the Mrs of course. Bah Humbug! Just kidding, I love Christmas with my kids.

My wife's big gift to me was having a family friend make me a work bench. 7ft long and 29.5" wide. Extremely nice for the budget she had, it's nice and sturdy, heavy and flat
    Much needed, as I was using the top of my rigid ts as an assembly table, and it was quickly becoming a pain.
    My wife's side of the family does secret santa with a $50 limit, and geez is it hard to come up with gifts under 50. Usually under 50 if I want it, I just buy it. Ended up getting a self squaring clamping jig. I've watched a few videos of making picture frames and several use that jig, so I thought I might give it a try.
    Last edited by Adam Grund; 12-25-2018 at 12:50 PM.

My wife, three adult girls, and my 2 grands gave me several nice tools to add to my collection. An Optima 1 wood burner with 4 pens, 2 diamond plated disc for my WorkSharp 3000, a 14" Robust J-Rest for my lathe, a 23 ga. Hitachi nailer, and a new air hose for my compressor. Oh, and my granddaughter gave me a wonderful ornament for my birthday that I posted earlier about.
    From my Dad, two lock miter router bits and diamond plated hole saw kit.
    Two sisters gave me several wood working books.
    A very Merry Christmas.
    I hope and pray all Creekers are as blessed today not only from the gifts given and received, but from the presence of a loving family.
    Merry Christmas from my family to you all, and may God bless each and every one of you!
    Steve
    My Dad always told me "Can't Never Could".

SWE

I actually did get a couple of small tools for Christmas...a small carving knife to help with some sign making things as well as other utility use and a small "keyhole" saw to assist with cutting tabs on small stuff produced on my CNC. Both are from Lee Valley and purchased for me by my older daughter. (As you can see, it was my turn to wear the "naughty" hat this year. LOL)

I got a new pair of "shop shoes" as I've really worn the soles of the current pair being in the shop daily now

On the cooking tools side, I got a nice small Staub enameled cast iron French oven for cooking rice and other things...it's a good holiday when you get both (a) pot and chocolate.

--

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Got a used MAX spindle sander in excellent condition.

"Anything seems possible when you don't know what you're doing."

New broomcorn for me. 😊
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Aj

Oooohh, Nice! Did you get all the table inserts and spindles with that? I have one. It's an excellent machine!

Quote Originally Posted by andy bessette View Post
    Got a used MAX spindle sander in excellent condition.

My wife is sure a beautiful spoiling sweetheart! DEDF2ABE-0E35-42D4-B8F2-E72A8DC35040.jpg

Oscillating? Been looking for one of those as well. Can't seem to find any Generals right now. I don't think the bench top models fit my needs

Sorry. Was referring to the spindle sander post.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Gaskin View Post
    What did everybody get. Tools or otherwise.
    Still no track hoe... Haven't opened anything yet but I don't see any really big boxes.

This is the OSS I got. I really received it three weeks ago but it was my Christmas present. Ten spindles from 1/4" to 4". Came with only three throat plates all of which had elongated openings so the table could be tilted. The smallest opening left really big gaps between the smaller spindles and the plate. I have a fabrication shop with a water jet cutter close to work. I had them make a bunch of new throat plates to fit the spindles with round openings and less gap. The machine is built surprisingly well, okay really sturdy. Not like your old Max machines, but way better than I anticipated. Even did a small project using Honduras mahogany with curved lines this four day weekend. An OSS makes short work out of smoothing and truing bandsaw curved cuts.
    Grizz OSS 1.jpg