Thread: SANSMART DSO Note II LED Oscilloscope for CNC

SANSMART DSO Note II LED Oscilloscope for CNC

BTW I used a oscilloscope in the USAF eons ago then later when taking a electronics class. Surprised at the size and price drop of the new ones, I purchased a DSO Note II LED DS202 scope and with an additional 1x - 10X probe. All for less than $115. Surprised at the quality, I have yet to use it on a real machine, but it can capture and hold signals. Lot of fun re-learning something I last used in the 1970's.

Thought it would be handy to have when checking out the waveform from the VFD and noise on the input signal lines.
    So far I have figured out how to display a waveform but not how to Calibrate the grid or the trace?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

So I got an answer for my aligning the Trace with a grid line or moving about the screen so now I am a happy camper. Here is what I got>
    The Cal function zeros the two inputs.
    if you want to move the two trace lines to the center of the screen, enter the menu for CH1 and CH2, scroll down to the post setting, then scroll sideways to adjust it to both equal 100. 0 = the bottom of the screen, 200 = the top of the screen. Similarly with the X coordinate, post =0 is the left side and post = 100 is the right side.

Its interesting they call it Post and the usual name is Vertical position.
    Last edited by Bill George; 12-26-2018 at 10:47 AM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

It is amazing what you can get these days for very little money. I bought an excellent benchtop 100 MHz dual channel digital storage scope a few years ago. It was an astounding $400 then and works as well as those that used to cost a bunch of thousands. I checked today and the price of the same scope is now under $300.

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    BTW I used a oscilloscope in the USAF eons ago then later when taking a electronics class. Surprised at the size and price drop of the new ones, I purchased a DSO Note II LED DS202 scope and with an additional 1x - 10X probe. All for less than $115. Surprised at the quality, I have yet to use it on a real machine, but it can capture and hold signals. Lot of fun re-learning something I last used in the 1970's.

Thought it would be handy to have when checking out the waveform from the VFD and noise on the input signal lines.
    So far I have figured out how to display a waveform but not how to Calibrate the grid or the trace?

For what it's worth, I had a previous model of the o-scope that lasted about 3-4 years before giving up the ghost. I loved it and bought the same one you have there (at least it looks to be, I forget the model) and it's super handy. Sure, not a high priced bench model, but great for troubleshooting noise on lines and signals, etc. I had a project in the attic giving my grief-- this o-scope was small enough to take up there and quickly find the issue. A multimeter wasn't going to cut it and a bench o-scope wouldn't be going up a ladder with me.

One thing to note, the leads that came with my new model had a somewhat high internal resistance, I forget the specifics, but something was off. I used my leads from the old unit and haven't had any issues.
    Licensed Professional Engineer,
    Unlicensed Semi Professional Tinkerer