Thread: Granddaughter' Birthday Present to Me

Granddaughter' Birthday Present to Me

This is a long story, sort of, and my pictures would not do this item any justice, so just imagine if you will. Today is my birthday and my granddaughter gave me an ornament for our Christmas tree. We always buy or usually make an ornament every year. What makes this one special is that it is a clear glass ball with sawdust and shavings from my lathe inside. On the outside she wrote, "Sawdust is Just Man Glitter!".
    Another special note, the shavings are from an elm tree my Dad cut down and gave me. I have been turning bowls and platters from this wood to give to all my family for Christmas to have something to remember my Dad with.
    I hope everyone has a wonderfully blessed Christmas tomorrow.
    My Dad always told me "Can't Never Could".

SWE

Not a long story! More like a short Hallmark Christmass Classic. Thanks. Enjoy.

That is great. It takes a special person to recognize the importance of family. Happy Birthday!

You had me at, " man glitter".

Nice story, what a thoughtful gift and happy birthday to you!

This a fantastic story. That ornament will be special to you forever. Cherish it as I know you will.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Great story thanks for sharing. I have a T-shirt with that man glitter saying on it. I usually receive a comment or two everytime I wear it.

Blog Entries
    What a terrific gift. I hope you get her something special from your shop.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I really enjoyed reading this. Steve, not only will your dad's memory live on..... but so will yours. Cool legacy for your granddaughter to recognize what that "Man Glitter" is and what it means.

Merry Christmas!

Nice history! Happy Christmas and a great New Year for you, your family and all people here at Creek! May God give us peace. Shalom!

What a wonderful thing! (Could not think of the right word...story, tale, experience did not fit)

Great having grandkids isn’t it!

Keep enjoying life and what the grandkids do to make it even better!!!
    Too much to do...Not enough time...life is too short!