Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some random things that left my shop the past couple of months.

Some random things that left my shop the past couple of months.

A library cabinet in Elm with Wenge inlays.

A solid Cherry cabinet.

Dining table and seat with storage space. You can see one of the hinges of the lid.

Solid Oak dining room tabel:

A stained Pine cabinet:

A stained Cherry cabinet.

A poplar cabinet with sliding doors for a record collector.

A night stand in solid Oak. I selected a piece with a knot for the front of the drawer. I removed the know and now it acts as a finger hole.

A simple Pine tv cabinet.

Another solid Oak dining room table.

Another dining room table. I made the chairs as well.

Only a table top for this client. They reused the metal frame from their old table.

Wow. Beautiful! Very impressive workmanship.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Thanks for posting these. All your work is beautiful.

I'd be hard pressed to say which I liked better - the stained pine cabinet or the stained cherry cabinet. But I think I'll say the Pine cabinet because the finish is flawless and that's a good example of where a professional's skill and training really show. I have no idea how to get that kind of even colored, blotch-free finish on pine. But I'm going to download that picture as an example of something to aspire to.

Thanks for sharing your work.
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    I have no idea how to get that kind of even colored, blotch-free finish on pine.
    Try a water based product. I take a large cloth and I soak it in the stainer, then immediately after applying it I wipe it down with a large damp cloth. Keep rubbing the wood until all the excess stainer is gone and the finish is even. This usually gives me the result I want but sometimes, with lighter woods, a second coat is needed. That was the case here as well.

Elegant! Great eye and awesome skills!
    Two things which are always true.........."No matter where you go, there you are" and "You can't outrun yourself"
    Rabbit QX60-9060, Corel 2017, PhotoGrav, 24x40 laser shop and 24x24 building with woodworking and other messy tools. No background or natural aptitude but lots of ambition.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica de Boer View Post
    Try a water based product. I take a large cloth and I soak it in the stainer, then immediately after applying it I wipe it down with a large damp cloth. Keep rubbing the wood until all the excess stainer is gone and the finish is even. This usually gives me the result I want but sometimes, with lighter woods, a second coat is needed. That was the case here as well.
    Thank you! I will try that. I appreciate your advice!
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Um....WOW. I don't know what else to say. I'm almost drooling here over your beautiful design craftsmanship! Wow.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Wonderful. What does the bracing on that dining table look like underneath. Loved them all.

I like your sense of style, Jessica.

Blog Entries
    Great stuff Jessica. I particularly like the sculpted look of the maple (?) chairs.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Prashun Patel View Post
    Wonderful. What does the bracing on that dining table look like underneath. Loved them all.
    If you mean the table with the tripods, imagine them turned upside down. I chopped 3 square holes in the bottom of the table top and attached the tripods with heavy screws. I've used this design many times and it makes for a very stable table that's easily taken apart for transport of necessary.

If you mean the conventional dining table, there's a top beam and the diagonal braces attach to it.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    Great stuff Jessica. I particularly like the sculpted look of the maple (?) chairs.
    You got it, that's Maple.

And thank you everyone for the nice compliments.

Very good craftswomenship and perfect design and style. WOW.

Ed.

Beautiful work....
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

A couple of months? That would take me a couple of years.

John

I have a workshop with nice machines That can save a bit of time here and there :P