Thread: Dollar store fun

Dollar store fun

Excerpt below of part of my incoming email, lots of ads -- not much unusual about that, but the Dollar Tree ad, I kinda have to laugh--

sales.jpg

--how you have 'Last Chance Savings!' at a Dollar store?

About a month ago I was standing in line at Dollar Tree, behind a guy buying art stuff for his daughter. He pulls out a couple sheets of white posterboard from his cart, and then some nice flowered posterboard. And the clerk asks the guy:

"Are these the same price?" "Yeah." lol...

But I love the dollar store, I probably spend $30 a week there...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I like them ,too. We get the boxed milk there,can't find it anymore at regular grocery.

I get some of my crafty type supplies at dollar tree. And believe me, if they have something, you can use to make a buck, they won't have it the next time you stop in. For about a year, they had some really intense cinnamon candies. My Mrs. loved them. She asked me to pick some up for her and they no longer had that particular kind, but some other kind that was cinnamon, but not nearly as strong. They never did get it in again. They were the only place that I could find the maple creme cookies. sandwich cookies shaped like maple leaves with maple flavored creme inside. Well as of a year ago, no more. I found them higher elsewhere, but, dollar tree was just 4 miles down the road.

I used to run into half the other teachers from school at the local Dollar Tree. Still a great place for cleaning supplies, cheap storage containers and USB cords that always seem to disappear. I used to get the boxed shelf stable milk there, too, but then I moved to Utah and the plant where it's made is just down the street.

Boxed milk. YEECHH!. Store milk is not much better. I got 2 cows, Elsie and Ursula. Nothing as sweet or creamy as a glass of freshly cooled milk direct from the source. Got to the point that I expect lumps of butter fat in milk.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Hilbert Jr View Post
    Nothing as sweet or creamy as a glass of freshly cooled milk direct from the source.
    I'm so envious. I'd love to find a source for fresh milk. Is it lawful to sell it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Yonak Hawkins View Post
    I'm so envious. I'd love to find a source for fresh milk. Is it lawful to sell it ?
    No interstate sale is allowed, Georgia is one of 20 or so states that ban sales completely, the remaining states vary in the way a consumer can obtain raw milk.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.