Thread: Cheap syringe like glue injectors....

Cheap syringe like glue injectors....

The plastic ones for less than $5. A have a regular draw syringe and one with a bellows.

Is there a trick to suck glue up into those things? Wood glue is so viscous that it's basically impossible as it. I'm sure I could probably thin it with something, but what?

Thanks all.

water I have used an amalgam packer for wood putty, not worth the trouble.
    Maybe warm it in a microwave in winter
    Bill D

If you have a farm supply store near by go there and buy syringes and needles. They have them with large bore (deadly sharp) needles that thread on the syringe. You can just knock the sharp tip of with a grinder or sander. I keep several of the syringe bodies in the glue cabinet and a few different size tips. I typically grind all the sharps off before putting them in the cabinet because I worry about an employee poking themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Costa View Post
    The plastic ones for less than $5. A have a regular draw syringe and one with a bellows.

Is there a trick to suck glue up into those things? Wood glue is so viscous that it's basically impossible as it. I'm sure I could probably thin it with something, but what?

Thanks all.
    I've got some, can't remember where I bought them. I don't suck glue into them to fill, just pull out the plunger and fill from the top. You'll lose some glue when you reinsert the plunger. Also, back the plunger up to stop glue from continuing to run out. I've even been successful at cleaning them, just takes lots of hot water.

Ah, found 'em. Amazon, as usual...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Lee Valley also carries them and yes pull the plunger out and fill them. I have used them for Titebonde glue and epoxy. With glue just throw them in a container of water when finished and let them soak for a while. With epoxy use acetone.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/Wood/pag...110,42967&ap=1

I read a little earlier that vinegar dissolves wood glue.

I have used a bunch lately with epoxy. Ebay has a wide assortment and better prices and shipping than other places.

Look at places like Valley Vet. They have Syringe/20 Ga Needle Combos 100 for $17.00 ish most of the time.

Google Monoject412. In denistry we have used these for decades in various ways. They are available cheaply if you hunt around. I keep a box of 50 in the shop and consider them disposable at 25 cents each. Snip the tip to the size you want fill as much as you like and they readily can be refilled too. Besides glue they are wonderful for applying thin beads of caulk around trim and baseboard.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Costa View Post
    Is there a trick to suck glue up into those things?
    I remove the plunger, pour the glue into the barrel and then replace the plunger.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler