Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from Deep East Texas

What about turning wood on your metal lathe to begin? Many have been using metal lathes for wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Clint Bach View Post
    What about turning wood on your metal lathe to begin? Many have been using metal lathes for wood.
    Hello Clint,

I know folks have done that but I just prefer not too. However I placed a bunch of orders last night for a new Jet lathe and everything needed to get me started. Now I am anxious to get all that stuff in and turn my first piece.

Have a great day,
    ThomasT
    TomasT
    May the sun always shine and the wind be to your back.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Travis View Post
    Hello Dennis,

First off, that you for the invitation to come and visit. I live way out in the woods in Etoile so will try to visit at some time. The problem with me making a wood lathe is time. I am currently building from my own design a full size 1898 Buggy / Horseless Carriage, just completed a Press Brake and I have a lot more model steam engines that I plan to build. I have been retired for over 16 years now and further behind than ever.. he he. I have a small shop so will need to complete the Buggy and move it out before I buy another lathe.

Have a great day,
    ThomasT
    Hello again Dennis,
    I ordered and received the Jet lathe and a neighbor friend is now interested in learning also. Please send me an email direct to the email address that I sent to you.
    Have a great day,
    ThomasT
    TomasT

Hello Dennis,

I sure appreciate being invited to your club’s meeting and to your well equipped and really nice shop. Enjoyed meeting everyone and watching some "live and on the hoof" turning on your big lathe. I learned a lot watching and listing to many of the conversations.

Thank you again and have a great day,
    ThomasT
    TomasT