Thread: looking for a machine

looking for a machine

Hey Everyone. I'm looking for a machine and i don't know if it exists. My plant currently has an old Holz-her edgebander that has been converted and retro fit to suit our needs. We removed the glue assembly and some other parts years ago and just use the end cutters and the top and bottom mill at the end of the machine. I'm looking for a machine that is designed for this purpose. We feed laminate and melamine boards through with hardwood glued and screwed to the end of it. the boards are oversized and need to be cut and trimmed to match the boards. Lam boards are anywhere from .75 to 1.5 inches thick with the hardwood being between 1-2 inches square-ish. Machine needs to be adjustable for height and needs to be something that we can run a ton of boards a day. on average now we will build up 100ish boards and feed them through until they are done. rotating them to cut both sides the same.
    Our current machine isn't designed for this but it has been working for many many years like this. But its aging and needs quite a bit of money to make it like new and i thought before i go too crazy on repairs if there is a machine that is meant for this purpose maybe i can find a used one.

Thanks for any and all help and i'm more than happy to answer questions if you have them

You may be limited since most countries will not allow machine tools to be shipped into Russia this may affect what you can get in Finland.
    Bill D
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 12-18-2018 at 9:45 AM.

Sorry america. located in Wisconsin. I'll update my profile