Thread: Domino assortment systainer

Domino assortment systainer

I bought the 8/10mm assortment from Amazon.de just because of the price. No other vendor ships the 12/14mm to the US. Not surprising...
    My question is, how important is the assortment pack? Would it be better to just order the dominos you use most often? I guess you get the bit with the assortment packs but other than that, for you domino XL users, would you buy the pack again assuming you started from scratch or just buy the bit and dominoes you use most often?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Nick Lazz; 12-18-2018 at 8:26 PM.

I just bought the assortment quite a while ago. Now I just replenish what I used to keep the container stocked.
    Cheers
    Sean

Personally, I like having the assortment pack for use with the different sized stock. I thought I would never use the smaller sizes, but I’ve found that once I purchased the Domino I started finding new applications for it (e.g., attaching returns for trim molding) and glad I had the assortment of sizes.
    -Tom

Just a note, Amazon.de sells all three of the assortments and ships to the US, however, they go in and out of stock regularly. The 12/14 assortment is out of stock now, but if you wait and check regularly they will some back in stock. When actual Amazon is out of stock then no other sellers on Amazon ship to the US.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

I'll keep checking but it did not mention stock status, it didn't like the US address. Thanks for the info though....I'll look next week and let everyone know if it ends up working.

I also bought them from Amazon.de and I felt it was a good starting point to have, well...an assortment...of all the sizes available as well as the cutters as I began to use the Domino 700XL I acquired. (and love as a tool) If they are not coming up now from that source, perhaps they have been cut off from shipping to the US?
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    I also bought them from Amazon.de and I felt it was a good starting point to have, well...an assortment...of all the sizes available as well as the cutters as I began to use the Domino 700XL I acquired. (and love as a tool) If they are not coming up now from that source, perhaps they have been cut off from shipping to the US?
    That’s kinda what I was thinking...though I was able to purchase the 8/10mm sustainer assortment. That’s shipping now and I paid $170 total. That is way easier to justify then over $300 in US.
    Oh well...I’m looking forward to owning the tool and none of this stuff is inexpensive.
    (Tool ordered Monday...got $100 off through eBay)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Lazz View Post
    I'll keep checking but it did not mention stock status, it didn't like the US address. Thanks for the info though....I'll look next week and let everyone know if it ends up working.
    First, it is Systainer, not sustainer.

If you look at the three different assortments on Amazon.de you will see the 8/10mm for the 700 and the 500 assortment both show Prime ahich means they are in stock at Amazon. The 12/14mm assortment does not and when you open the item page it says "Available from the Sellers". This means it is out of stock at Amazon but third parties have them listed, none of the third parties ship to the US. You need to check every couple of days and they will come back in stock at Amazon and then you can order.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Systainer yes...it’s the auto correct from phone.
    Thanks for the info, that’s good to hear.

I've got the DF700 and got the systainer for the smaller dominos but and added the larger ones as I needed them. (I have the attachment to do any size domino). I think the larger 12 and 14's are easier to buy in the long sticks - just never know how long I'll need them and they are cheaper that way. I might even get the more often used smaller ones that way as well in the future. Like having the systainer however.