Thread: Follow up to what intimidates you

Follow up to what intimidates you

A little more fun. What is your anxious tic when preparing to work on something difficult? I tend to watch people for these. The most common I see are hand wringing, rubbing palms together or rubbing the palms on the thighs. People tell me that I stick the tip of my tongue in the corner of my mouth. Just some fun, sometimes we get way too serious and need a laugh.
    Jim

Blog Entries
    A little more fun. What is your anxious tic when preparing to work on something difficult?
    Just for fun? A shot of bourbon, a shot of gin and a shot of rum.

Not really, my 'anxious tic' is to likely do everything around the house like take out the garbage and load the dishwasher before taking on the difficult task. So maybe the real answer is PROCRASTINATION of any sort available!

After all, before getting down on any project the moon and stars must be in the proper alignment.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Get to a difficult task on a project.....I sleep on it for a day....I let the brain work out the details....then try them out the next day..

Back when I smoked a pipe....answer was to step back...clean, and reload the pipe...by the time it was going decently enough...I had figured out the problems...those days are long gone, now.

A little shop cleanup gives me a minute to get ready.