Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blades for Felder FB710

Blades for Felder FB710

Hi,

I just purchased the felder fb710 and now need to order blades for it. I plan to purchase the Lenox Tri-Master 1" 3tpi but for curve sawing is there a blade you all recommend for this saw. Was thinking of the Lenox Diemaster 2 either 3/8" or 1/4" but don't know which teeth tpi configuration to get.

Thank You,
    Albert

I've been wondering the same thing. I'll be getting mine in January.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

I use a different saw, but lately have been keeping a 3/8" 4-5 TPI band on it for general purpose cutting. I used to keep a 1/2" blade on it, but a lot of things I've needed to work on were better suited to the narrower band. While I do occasionally run a 1/4" band, the 3/8" is a little easier to deal with with flat tires and keeping the teeth just off the edge of the wheel as required by my saw.

I typically use Timberwolf blades from Suffolk but there are a lot of good choices.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Tks guys. My new saw is coming in tomorrow. Bit excited to get this monster. I spend a few hours researching blade reviews and so far many good reviews for the Lenox Tri-Master. I bit expensive but I don't mind paying a bit more if the blade is worth it. So decided for my re-saw/ripping blade to get the 1" 3tpi Lenox Tri-Master. For my curve cutting blade, I am also leaning toward the 3/8 for same reasons that Jim has pointed out but I don't want to spend as much but still wanted to be a good quality blade. So I heard good thinks about the Lenox Diemaster and wanted to see if any one had inputs/reviews regarding this saw on similar bandsaws as mine.

Tks.

Where is a good place to buy bandsaw blades from for big bandsaws like these?
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Hi, I would suggest a 1/2" 3 TPI, and a 1/4" 6 TPI blade in addition to the rip/resaw blade you've selected.

The best place to get blades is through your local saw provider, they'll weld up the exact blade for a band saw for less money than pre-made blades.

I happen to use R&D in the Toronto area, they mail me the blades, I usually 3 to 6 at a time to save on postage fees........Rod.

Hi Alan. I am planning to purchase mine through bandsawdirectblades.com but still looking to see if there is a cheaper place

Hey Alan,

Like Albert mentioned, bandsawdirectblades.com is a great place to go to get blades for your bandsaw.
    I have mentioned this website to my own clients as well and they all have had great experiences using the site.

Tim

I got the saw and came on a pallet laying on it's spine. Any ideas on how to stand it up with no help. Was thinking of using a pulley that is attached to a made up truss that is supported by 4x8 wood beams.

Tks

I would use a chain hoist or tugger attached to a rafter, the saw should have a lifting bolt in the top...............Rod

I'd rig around the spine to lift it. On mine, there is a big yellow sticker that indicates it should not be lifted by the eye bolt on top. The manual says the same thing. The eye bolt is for securing it from tipping once it's in use.

That was just a disclaimer. Rod is likely correct that the lifting bolt would be ok for standing it up, but how tall is you ceiling? Is there enough room for a hoist between the ceiling and the top of the saw. If you rig lower you can get the saw completely upright.

I can't recommend what TPI for you but bandsawbladesdirect is my favorite supplier.

Your gonna love that saw. I've got the 610 and have no complaints. Enjoy!

Marty

A couple of quick things regarding the blade choice. Get the 3/4 tpi variable pitch Trimaster instead of the straight 3 tpi Trimaster it helps reduce harmonic vibration and gives a better finish off the saw, very nice when cutting thin veneer.

As for the second blade I am a fan of the Diemaster 2 in 3/8" 4tpi if the majority of your cuts are in 1" thick or more stock, if you make many cuts in 3/4" stock then get the 6tpi.

I would suggest getting a 1/4" 6tpi blade just to have for tighter cuts, you can get a Flexback (if you stay all Lenox) so it will be cheap if you don't plan to use it often.

The extra blades assume you don't have a second saw to dedicate to contour cutting.

I use primarily Lenox blades and get them from Spectrum Supply, CT Saw and from Iturra Design. The blade stock is the same so you are really shopping for weld quality first and price as a secondary concern.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

TKS guys for your feedback. Vans, from the sources you listed above which from your experience does the best welding for these Lenox tried master blade? Also, I read somewhere that the FB710 would not be able to tension anything higher than 1" blade. Had these been your experience?

TKS,
    Albert

Few saws will tension a Trimaster wider than 1" as the band thickness increases as well. You don't need anything wider than 1". Dave

Funny you ask. I have a 710 and live only a few miles away from Driftwood. My saw is about 3 years older than yours, so things might have changed, but when I was shopping for mine, I had Florian@Dallas give me the factory specs for the tension spring. The bottom line is that the spring will (barely) get a 1” Trimaster/Woodmaster to 25kpsi. It will be nearly bottomed out and unlikely to keep doing it after several compressions due to spring set. I installed an upgraded spring on mine.