Thread: Hardwood source in SW FL?

Hardwood source in SW FL?

Maybe the wrong place to ask, but anybody know one? Mahogany, oak, cypress? I am in Collier county.

I have given up on trying to find small dealers as the pricing is usually twice that of larger dealers and they have all closed up in my area. I buy from Hood Distribution in Mobile, AL. The closest to you is in Orlando. They probably deliver your way. You will have to order at least $400 at a time, but that's not too hard these days..

Dan

Blog Entries
    I buy from Woodchip Lumber in Fort Lauderdale. They are great folks and work with me on shipping. I bought all the ash for my workbench there and it was beautiful stuff. I also bought the most amazing wide piece of teak and the price was so good I asked for a picture before committing to buy. He took the rough board and planed it and texted me a picture.

I realize that FLL isn't southwest, but they shipped to me in the VI, so you're a stone's throw by comparison. They specialize in boatbuilding lumber, so mahogany and cypress should be in their regular stock.

http://woodchiplumber.com

Craftsmen Supply (813) 988-4677 Tampa craftsmensupply.com
    Intercity Lumber (813) 626-5232 Tampa www.intercitylumber.com

Weiss Hardwoods in Largo. 727-535-4634. http://www.weisshardwoods.com/, so Pinellas County.

Ft Lauderdale would be equidistant or maybe closer, in fact.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Advantage Lumber is in Sarasota. They mainly sell hardwood decking but from my understanding carry hardwoods and live edge slabs too. The website has a good deal of info.