Thread: If you need little washers, Amazon has a deal for you!

If you need little washers, Amazon has a deal for you!

The world's most expensive #6 washers?? There are so many issues with this I just had to laugh:

washers.jpg

At first I thought maybe it was a six inch washer, not a #6, especially since the picture makes it look huge. But digging into the listing a little bit, I finally figured out that the listing is for 50 *pounds* of #6 washers, not 50 pcs.

I imagine the company has a lot of listings, perhaps too many to check, but somebody is probably eventually going to wonder why they haven't sold any....

But I'm happy I could have them by Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F Franklin View Post
    I imagine the company has a lot of listings, perhaps too many to check, but somebody is probably eventually going to wonder why they haven't sold any....
    I've heard a lot of these prices are set by computer algorithms without a person even knowing. Some of them fluctuate wildly. Once I was almost ready to buy a $250 dial test indicator when I saw it suddenly drop to about $45. I couldn't believe it but I ordered it anyway. When I checked a little later it was back up to the usual price.

Some of these algorithms are apparently constantly shuffling prices. I see prices on things I have saved in the cart change by one or two cents, up and down, down and up. I can't imaging a person doing that.

But some are just set ridiculously high by people, especially out-of-print books offered by independent sellers. I think the dealer prices a $20 book for hundreds, waiting for that one person who is desperate enough to pay.

JKJ

I don't understand the Amazon pricing, but while looking for a diffuser I found this bargain.

Diffuser.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kreinhop View Post
    I don't understand the Amazon pricing, but while looking for a diffuser I found this bargain.
    Quite the savings if you get two.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kreinhop View Post

Diffuser.jpg
    At least it qualifies for free shipping.

Does the free shipping include into Germany? Maybe you can find an old hubcap and use that instead
    Bill D.