Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is ACME Tools a legit store? I think I've been ripped off.

Is ACME Tools a legit store? I think I've been ripped off.

Just seeing if anyone else has had a good experience with ACME tools. I ordered a drum sander during a Black Friday sale. It was listed as out of stock at the time, so I knew I would need to wait a bit, but since December 8th it's been listed as "in stock- ships in 1-2 days" but apparently not for me.

If I call the CS number I get a wait time of 15+minutes. I spoke to someone finally and they said they didn't know when it would be in stock, despite the website showing it in stock.

I also ordered a chuck for the lathe a few days later that has yet to ship. It has said "arriving soon" since I ordered it on the 26th of November.

I tried submitting a negative review of the item and they deleted the review. I'm starting to wonder if I need to call my CC company.
    Where did I put that?

I get my drum sander and my nova voyager from them. Maybe other stuff too. Had no issues either time but I didn’t order during the holidays. Good luck.

Blog Entries
    If you can't get a straight story, or even any story from customer service, then I would call the CC company & cancel. There are plenty of other vendors that will be happy to take your money.

hmmm
    I have had good luck with them
    but like they say there is other places too
    tool nut being one of them
    Carpe Lignum

I've never had any problem with them, and have ordered a number of tools from there.

Maybe they are legit- I can't get in touch with anyone today. If they can't resolve it Monday I'll probably cancel both orders. It wasn't even a smoking deal on the sander- I should have stuck with Tool Nut and just paid full price, I've never had any issues with those guys.
    Where did I put that?

I've ordered several Festool, Jet, Laguna and Powermatic products from them. All went without a hitch except the Powermatic.

My order was duplicated and two Powermatic machines shipped and charged. Took the best part of a month to rectify. Especially annoying as Powermatic/Jet are located 20 minutes from where I live. I even asked ACME to contact Powermatic to see if I could go pick my machine up, Powermatic refused, but still delivered two machines. They attempted to delivery the duplicate 3 times. Truck kept arriving and I'd just turn the driver around.

I eventually had to contact AMEX and dispute the duplicate charge. AMEX stood by me and about two weeks later I got confirmation from ACME that they had resolved it.

I did speak to several ACME customer service reps during this process, all but one were helpful and concerned. The one that basically said I had to pay delivery and return freight charges on the duplicate, plus a 15% restocking fee, I asked for her supervisor who told me to not worry about it.

I will use them again as I've had more positive than negative experiences and saves quite a bit of money using them.

I've bought from them twice with no problems, but that was years ago.

If they don't give you a satisfactory answer on Monday you should certainly cancel. If they give you a hard time, try your luck with the credit card company.

Several large purchases here, all good. They aren't the greatest at keeping their web site up to date, but I just accept that and use the phone.

To answer your question, they are a legit store. My guess is there is just a holiday snafu.

I bought my 60 gallon Rolair Air Compressor from them a few years back, Everything went fine.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

I bought a drum sander from them - no problems. Free shipping, also.

But everything was fine with my order - I don't know how they are when you have problems with an order.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

When something goes wrong in a transaction for me, I don't care what other current or past customers say about that vendor. I rely on my assessment of how the vendor goes about solving the problem I encounter with. If I decide to give the vendor a chance to fix the problem, I will give myself a deadline (e.g. 1 week, etc.) by which if the problem still gets unresolved, I pull the plug and cancel the deal.

Lack of response is worse than a negative response from the vendor. If a vendor allows only positive reviews, I won't buy from it again from then on.

I have banned two vendors (non-woodworking) for life, and have never suffered anything from that decision because their competitors can provide what I need.

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by scott vroom View Post
    Won't touch this vendor given the fact that over 50% of its past customers gave a rating of 1 (the worst). This comment sums it up, doesn't it?

"Prices were competitive, but customer service is nonexistent."

Good luck to the OP (and if I were him, I would call the CC issuer without one minute of delay after seeing the above reviews).

Simon
    Last edited by Simon MacGowen; 12-15-2018 at 3:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scott vroom View Post
    I went to that site and looked up Amazon - https://www.resellerratings.com/store/Amazon

50% negative. I know from my own experience and from what others post here about their experiences with Amazon that Amazon is near the top in customer service. That would give me pause when reading the reviews of Acme.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.