Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Abranet abrasive discs

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Decker View Post
    Greg, it'll help if you cut out a hole in the center of the Diablo pad, to match the center hole on the sander.
    Nick, the outer ring of holes doesn’t match up so no point. Notice how close the festool holes are to the edge versus the pad. The festool hole diameter is nearly an inch larger.
    Last edited by Greg Parrish; 12-21-2018 at 8:36 AM.

I find the opposite. When I use the 150s it seems like it's a 120. I use the Abranet when I am sanding finishes. The dust pickup with the Ceros is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Parrish View Post
    Nick, the outer ring of holes doesn’t match up so no point. Notice how close the festool holes are to the edge versus the pad. The festool hole diameter is nearly an inch larger.
    I haven't used the Diablo mesh, but I see what you're saying about the outer holes. With the pad for the Mirka Abranet, the outer holes don't line up perfectly, but you can get partial coverage.

Either way, suction also comes through that larger center hole, which is why I cut a hole there. Better to have some suck as opposed to none at all, no?

Like I said, I ordered a couple of the new Festool pads that Van mentioned. They should give me full suction on whatever mesh is used.

Greg, it'll help if you cut out a hole in the center of the Diablo pad, to match the center hole on the sander.
    I agree 100%...it's part of the 'secret sauce' for sander dust extraction in the Festool system. Not having that center hole will seriously degrade extraction performance which in turn will not keep the abrasive as clean.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Yep, I’ll order a couple of pads too so I can use the mesh I already have.

I haven't used the Diablo mesh, but I see what you're saying about the outer holes. With the pad for the Mirka Abranet, the outer holes don't line up perfectly, but you can get partial coverage.

Either way, suction also comes through that larger center hole, which is why I cut a hole there. Better to have some suck as opposed to none at all, no?

Like I said, I ordered a couple of the new Festool pads that Van mentioned. They should give me full suction on whatever mesh is used.

My Festool pads just arrived this morning, quicker than I expected. Everything lines up perfectly, of course. Unleash the holes!

Hadn't thought of that, Jim, but it makes sense. Thanks.

(Also hadn't thought to use a drill to jack up my car. Was that the right link? )

What I really like about Abranet is the lack of holes. The holes are a nuisance when sanding shapes as opposed to flat surfaces. And they last longer. But it's the lack of holes that puts them on the top of my list.