Thread: Felder FAT300 and/or equivalent adjustable workbench

Felder FAT300 and/or equivalent adjustable workbench

Recently I have been researching my next work bench, My Felder agent tried to sell me a FAT300, I cant justify the cost.

I came across this product, not woodworking specific work bench but the spec is close to it.

Benchtop surface: 125cm x 65cm (50" x 25")
    Lifting range :23cm to 127cm (8" to 50")
    Lifting weight: 127kg (280 lb)

and it is electric!! it is about 1/3 of Felders cost!
    for my work I will never exceed 100kg (gotta be able to lift up the work piece)

This table is designed for pet grooming,
    ft-899-table.jpg

T-FT899-WH.jpg

here is the link
    https://www.mjs.net.nz/index.php/ele...n-table-detail

Any of you had experience with a table like this or considered this?
    Last edited by Albert Lee; 12-13-2018 at 9:18 PM.

Have you looked at hydraulic lift carts? We have them in the US starting from under $150 for a 500lb lift up to as much as you want to spend.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    Have you looked at hydraulic lift carts? We have them in the US starting from under $150 for a 500lb lift up to as much as you want to spend.
    Yes We have these as well. Ranging from 150 USD. They all have this handle bar that stick out. And their table size are mostly 900mm x 500mm

I take the handle off (or more correctly never install it) and build whatever sized and configuration of table I want on top of them. I use them for adjustable outfeed tables for my bandsaws which aren't all at the same height. I have also built similar tables using motorcycle lifts. It just depends on how DIY or ready to use you want to go.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

I use the Noden Adjust-A-Bench and am very pleased with it. The lift table you illustrate would likely work very nicely (just keep your fingers away from the underside while maneuvering it to height... ) and it's big enough that you can put a very nice, flat torsion box on it to complete the solution for dead-on assembly work.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Presto and a few other manufacturers make awesome hydraulic lifts. They are also very expensive. I dont have the room, but i would love to have one as an assembly table one day. A bunch were recently on a few auction sites, and i think they sold for $500ish.

I have a hydraulic cart that is harbor freight make, i think, and it really is annoying to use. I bought it off craigslist for $40 or something cheap for when i needed to lift my cyclone body and motor up in between my joists. It is useful to have when loading machines in and out of a truck bed, but i cant imagine working with it and materials. The barth tables are much larger and seem to maneuver quite well.

This was shared on another forum with the same question.

https://www.toolfetch.com/vestil-air...SABEgI_APD_BwE

Just finishing mine up.

IMG_0544.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

IMG_0546.jpg

It's a Vestil 1000lb with air assist. Torsion box top with formica.

Marty

very nice work bench... I finished building my first benchtop using Saligna timber I have lying around.

IMG_4429.jpg

Going forward I am going to get one of this for my permanent base (need to think of a way to cover the wheel track so no debris get in)

Electrical/hydraulic, weight limit 6600lb. lifting height from 4" to 47", guy can give me a discount and its about $1300 USD all up.
    Last edited by Albert Lee; 12-17-2018 at 4:38 PM.

Looks awesome but no way I’m getting under that Sequoia with it balanced on that thing lol.
    Last edited by Thomas Eustis; 12-17-2018 at 6:52 PM.