Thread: Lee Valley Drawer Slides?

Lee Valley Drawer Slides?

I am needing to fix a couple drawer slides in my kitchen. They are the standard issue 1995 drawer slides. I have decided to replace the drawer slides with some soft closing slides. I think this will help me not want to replace all the drawers. Has anyone used the drawer slides available from Lee Valley? I see they have free shipping ending tonight. Here are the two I was looking at:[url]http://www.leevalley.com/us/Hardware/page.aspx?p=50508&cat=3,43614,43616&ap=1and[url] http://www.leevalley.com/us/Hardware/page.aspx?p=61080&cat=3,43614,43616&ap=1Thanks
    Last edited by Eric D Matson; 12-13-2018 at 7:49 PM.

Blog Entries
    I have no experience with the Lee Valley slides your referenced, but I have used a number of the Knape & Vogt KV8450FM slides and am very pleased with their performance and price. They are 100 pound rated full extension slides.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Think Blum is considered a very good quality guide. Last time I ordered, bought a box of 25 from Woodworkers Hardware. Saved significantly over buying a fewer number, as I use several per year.

Lee Valley makes good products. I’ve used their slides and are happy with them.
    Don

I use the Lee Valley full extension slides and have been very happy with them. I expect that any others they offer are likely good value and quality, too. They stand by their products.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I would bet the Lee Valley slides are re-branded slides from someone else.

Made in China, Accuride Knockoffs.

I've used a handful of the LV soft-close slides. They worked fine. They aren't as smooth-running as Blums but they are also a lot less costly.

I have the first ones you referenced they are NOT soft closing they snap closed the last couple of inches.

Thank you for the info guys. I appreciate it.