Quote Originally Posted by Will Boulware View Post
One more thing to think about - Dust collection. He's a sign painter. The last thing he needs is a room full of dust fouling his finishes. If he goes with a table saw, he needs to either close off the cutting section from the painting section or install a top shelf dust collection system on it. Barring a real panel saw, a track saw with a proper dust collector (I can only speak to my Festool vac, and it's GOOD), would solve a lot of these problems and really keep the space issue to a minimum. For the small pieces, a decent jobsite saw that could be wheeled outside to keep the dust down would be good too.
Will,
Your comments regarding the dust collection are a big part of my argument to go with the track saw and it's good ability to collect dust. For myself, I'm leaning toward suggesting a RAS for those smaller pieces. Personally, I much prefer a table saw to a RAS but I think the RAS would be a safer bet for him. At least, until he has some experience. And I've already suggested he just may need to do his cutting outside due to the issues with dust. I'll let you guys know what he decides if and when he does.

Thanks!