Thread: Shop Fox base and 18" Jet band saw not working well together

Shop Fox base and 18" Jet band saw not working well together

Just noticed I cannot open lower door. Ugh. Catches on the base. I'm sure others have run into this and I want a safe solution. Just putting a plywood base into to raise up seems obvious, but possibly unsafe. Thoughts?

I put a piece of 3/4 plywood in all these that I have used. I have several machines in them. On my Delta 20" bandsaw, it's footprint isn't a rectangle. I make the shopfox base the size of a rectangle that will contain the bandsaw and bolt the plywood to the shopfox base in the corners. I then bolt the bandsaw to the base/plywood or just the plywood if a mounting point on the bandsaw doesn't line up with the steel corners of the shopfox base. In the end the plywood is sandwiched between the base of the tool and the shopfox base, and bolted together. When I install the machine into the base, I lift it with an overhead host, and bolt up. All of the tools are very stable and there's enough ground clearance for the bolt heads on the bottom.

IMG_5497.jpg

IMG_5498.jpg

IMG_5499.jpg
    Last edited by Steven Wayne; 12-23-2018 at 2:25 PM.

Ok, thanks. Sounds like a good plan. Bolting together makes sense.

Blog Entries
    I too had to put a piece of plywood down before bolting my saw in. Same door issue, different saw.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler