Thread: Florip Toolworks

Florip Toolworks

Anyone have any experience with this maker? http://floriptoolworks.com/ I am in the market for a panel saw and a small dovetail saw and I really like the idea of supporting a small up and coming toolmaker. I thought I would check here and see if anyone happens to have any experience with Florip.

I have a dovetail saw and tenon saw that Erik made and they are both great saws. His dovetail replaced a Lie Nielsen saw, and I prefer the lower hang angle that Erik uses on his saws. More comfortable grip and easier to start straight, IMO. Not to mention his prices are better than any other boutique maker out there.
    ---Trudging the Road of Happy Destiny---

I have an early half back cross cut saw with a walnut handle from Erik. I really like it. It looks great, it's sharp and even I can cut straight with it.

TonyC

That “Benchtop” Saw looks like it would be a saw I could get some use out of.

5. I ordered a benchtop saw filed hybrid the day Erik reopened his shop last month after numerous upgrades. It should be shipping tomorrow... looking forward to seeing how it behaves and what I can use it for. Erik has been great to deal with thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Johnson Iowa View Post
    I ordered a benchtop saw filed hybrid the day Erik reopened his shop last month after numerous upgrades. It should be shipping tomorrow... looking forward to seeing how it behaves and what I can use it for. Erik has been great to deal with thus far.
    Did you get your saw yet? if so how do you like it and how have you been using it?

7. Got it last week, but because of holiday festivities, I haven’t put it through it’s paces yet. First impression, I love it! I did some rip and crosscut testing on 4/4 poplar and maple scraps (stock I use most). It’s nimble and cuts faster than I would expect for a short saw. I say it’s a winner.

Plus one for his saws.....
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006