Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rubber feet for cutting board

Rubber feet for cutting board

Anyone have a good source for small rubber feet and stainless steel screws for cutting boards?

The reviews I've read online for many feet say they aren't really sticky enough for 'hard cutting' when the board is on something like granite or quartz.

Thanks,
    Mark McFarlane

Blog Entries
    I've used the rubber door silencer pads for feet on cutting boards.
    Z155wyfo5oy.JPG
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Seconded Nathan...I was pleased with my last order from there.

Search Amazon for "small rubber feet" or "rubber feet for cutting boards". You will find plenty. I tried several and most work well depending on the board. I especially like the clear square ones.

Buy decent stainless steel screws and washers from your favorite source. I keep a box of 50 #6x3/4 and #4 washers just for cuttingboards.

I third Nathan. It's an eBay company but shipping was quick and the quality looks great.

The more you buy the less you pay.

For this ebuying from cuttingboardfeet.com: clear or black? What size? I'm thinking of getting the 3/4" *1/4" in translucent (clear). They are a bit pricey ($0.50 each qty 72), but cheap compared to the wood costs and time.
    Mark McFarlane

McMaster-Carr. They have several grades I believe. I use stainless steel screws and stainless steel washer between the screw and board. Also it there is a slight wobble I add an extra washer to one of the feet to get the wobble out.

Quote Originally Posted by mark mcfarlane View Post
    For this ebuying from cuttingboardfeet.com: clear or black? What size? I'm thinking of getting the 3/4" *1/4" in translucent (clear). They are a bit pricey ($0.50 each qty 72), but cheap compared to the wood costs and time.
    I ordered the low profile 3/4 in black. No specific reason for black over clear really.
    I liked that they are silicone, and the stainless screws are included, so justified the cost with convenience.

Hi, I use the 5mm ones for my cutting boards.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/Hardware...993,41285&ap=1

Regards, Rod.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

i really like these. I switch out the screws for stainless but with all the oil and wax I'm not sure it's necessary. No skipping whatsoever and they look nice.
    Dan

I curious why you would want to put rubber feet on a cutting board? that way you can only use one side. I have worked in many kitchens and we never had feet on our boards. there is enough friction with it just on the counter if not a folded towel works great.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Sidley View Post
    I curious why you would want to put rubber feet on a cutting board? that way you can only use one side. I have worked in many kitchens and we never had feet on our boards. there is enough friction with it just on the counter if not a folded towel works great.
    Jerome, there are two reasons for feet that I can think of offhand: 1) keep the board from absorbing any liquids that may be on the counter, 2) keep the board from rocking if either the counter surface or board are not perfectly flat.
    Mark McFarlane

Last edited by Maurice Arney; 12-12-2018 at 11:34 AM.

I use these and replace the screws with stainless. https://www.rockler.com/non-skid-rubber-bumpers