Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 177

Thread: OMGA questions

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    5,638
    Blog Entries
    7
    Thank you! Much appreciated.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Beantown
    Posts
    2,704
    Quote Originally Posted by David Kumm View Post
    Brian, a couple more guys and we can send Joe on a group buy when he visits shop in Europe. Container shipping is reasonable if someone has the relationships for good used stuff. Dave
    What..... someone mention sending a container of machinery from Europe!!! I'm not in the market for anything at the moment.... but that could probably change pretty quickly

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central WI
    Posts
    5,108
    Jeff, I all ready counted you as in. Dave

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by David Kumm View Post
    Jeff, I all ready counted you as in. Dave
    Ha! Put me on the mailing list as well then.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    5,638
    Blog Entries
    7
    I’m in, I’ll hunt down a used Graule.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Woodstock, VA
    Posts
    677
    In all seriousness: I have a pal who deals in European car/van stuff, he's filled a container a couple times for bulk purchases, or has been part of filling a container. I'll ask him for details.

    His shipments have all come through Baltimore so both Brian and I are relatively close.

    This is dangerous territory.........!!

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central WI
    Posts
    5,108
    Speaking of danger, for those of you interested in an old Martin planer, check out BOYD on owwm.org. Dave

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Woodstock, VA
    Posts
    677
    Quote Originally Posted by David Kumm View Post
    Speaking of danger, for those of you interested in an old Martin planer, check out BOYD on owwm.org. Dave
    I saw that the other day......check it again, the list is getting longer: another Maka and a T75. I wish I didn't have so many balls in the air right now.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    5,638
    Blog Entries
    7
    OMGA!

    It's arrived, very happy. I cleaned the blade as someone was using it as a wood burning tool but somehow the teeth still feel very sharp to me. I may replace the blade with something else soon enough. I liked my Miter pro from Tenryu. Hooked up both the DC and the Saw to a box on the back of the cabinet so that I can run one wire to the plug.

    Martin's right on about the fence, it's kind of lame. So I will make something for that a bit more suitable and with a replaceable ZCI insert. The table insert is somehow mangled so I will replace that.







    Last edited by Brian Holcombe; 01-28-2019 at 8:05 PM.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    419
    Brian, very nice purchase, looks like you will need to raise the support on the right, but fits the space well.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    SE PA - Central Bucks County
    Posts
    48,067
    Yea, that fit in that spot really nicely...it's a good position for you, too, based on my observation when I was there the other day. Hopefully, it will not be too much trouble to raise the metal stock support on the wall to the new, higher level, as Bryan mentioned.
    --

    The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ouray Colorado
    Posts
    740
    Nice find with the cabinet Brian!
    Does it have a FS Tool blade? That’s what mine came with and cuts nicely.

  13. #133
    I've never used the 14", only the 12"

    I'm curious if the bigger one whistles. All of mine with a guard on them whistle like crazy. Dust collection should remedy that as well though.



    I might've mentioned this before. If you take the switch apart, there's a little spring you can remove to change it from a momentary switch to an on/off switch. Much more pleasant to use that way.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    5,638
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Lisowski View Post
    Brian, very nice purchase, looks like you will need to raise the support on the right, but fits the space well.
    Thank you! Raising it currently. I plan to build something a little better for that area with some extrusions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Yea, that fit in that spot really nicely...it's a good position for you, too, based on my observation when I was there the other day. Hopefully, it will not be too much trouble to raise the metal stock support on the wall to the new, higher level, as Bryan mentioned.
    Thanks Jim! Will be no trouble at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Calhoon View Post
    Nice find with the cabinet Brian!
    Does it have a FS Tool blade? That’s what mine came with and cuts nicely.
    Thanks Joe! I'm loving the cabinet dust collection so far, it really does function. After suffering through chop saws with lousy dust collection for so long I'm very happy to have this going. A couple test cuts and there is no noticeable dust surrounding it.

    The blade on this one is by Leuco, not a company I'd heard of before but I the cut is nice and clean.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    5,638
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Wasner View Post
    I've never used the 14", only the 12"

    I'm curious if the bigger one whistles. All of mine with a guard on them whistle like crazy. Dust collection should remedy that as well though.



    I might've mentioned this before. If you take the switch apart, there's a little spring you can remove to change it from a momentary switch to an on/off switch. Much more pleasant to use that way.
    This one is a 12", sort of an in-between model with a heavy base but smaller blade. It sounds a lot like a cabinet saw (table saw) so yeah it has a whistle. It's so much quieter than the job site saws I've been using that I can hardly notice the noise.

    The spring is removed from this one, using it only briefly I agree, it's nice to use it this way.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •