Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: OMGA questions

Blog Entries
    Thank you! Much appreciated.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by David Kumm View Post
    Brian, a couple more guys and we can send Joe on a group buy when he visits shop in Europe. Container shipping is reasonable if someone has the relationships for good used stuff. Dave
    What..... someone mention sending a container of machinery from Europe!!! I'm not in the market for anything at the moment.... but that could probably change pretty quickly

Jeff, I all ready counted you as in. Dave

Jeff, I all ready counted you as in. Dave
    Ha! Put me on the mailing list as well then.

Blog Entries
    I’m in, I’ll hunt down a used Graule.

In all seriousness: I have a pal who deals in European car/van stuff, he's filled a container a couple times for bulk purchases, or has been part of filling a container. I'll ask him for details.

His shipments have all come through Baltimore so both Brian and I are relatively close.

This is dangerous territory.........!!

Speaking of danger, for those of you interested in an old Martin planer, check out BOYD on owwm.org. Dave

Speaking of danger, for those of you interested in an old Martin planer, check out BOYD on owwm.org. Dave
    I saw that the other day......check it again, the list is getting longer: another Maka and a T75. I wish I didn't have so many balls in the air right now.

Blog Entries
    OMGA!

It's arrived, very happy. I cleaned the blade as someone was using it as a wood burning tool but somehow the teeth still feel very sharp to me. I may replace the blade with something else soon enough. I liked my Miter pro from Tenryu. Hooked up both the DC and the Saw to a box on the back of the cabinet so that I can run one wire to the plug.

Martin's right on about the fence, it's kind of lame. So I will make something for that a bit more suitable and with a replaceable ZCI insert. The table insert is somehow mangled so I will replace that.

Last edited by Brian Holcombe; 01-28-2019 at 8:05 PM.

Brian, very nice purchase, looks like you will need to raise the support on the right, but fits the space well.

Yea, that fit in that spot really nicely...it's a good position for you, too, based on my observation when I was there the other day. Hopefully, it will not be too much trouble to raise the metal stock support on the wall to the new, higher level, as Bryan mentioned.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Nice find with the cabinet Brian!
    Does it have a FS Tool blade? That’s what mine came with and cuts nicely.

I've never used the 14", only the 12"

I'm curious if the bigger one whistles. All of mine with a guard on them whistle like crazy. Dust collection should remedy that as well though.

I might've mentioned this before. If you take the switch apart, there's a little spring you can remove to change it from a momentary switch to an on/off switch. Much more pleasant to use that way.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Lisowski View Post
    Brian, very nice purchase, looks like you will need to raise the support on the right, but fits the space well.
    Thank you! Raising it currently. I plan to build something a little better for that area with some extrusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Yea, that fit in that spot really nicely...it's a good position for you, too, based on my observation when I was there the other day. Hopefully, it will not be too much trouble to raise the metal stock support on the wall to the new, higher level, as Bryan mentioned.
    Thanks Jim! Will be no trouble at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Calhoon View Post
    Nice find with the cabinet Brian!
    Does it have a FS Tool blade? That’s what mine came with and cuts nicely.
    Thanks Joe! I'm loving the cabinet dust collection so far, it really does function. After suffering through chop saws with lousy dust collection for so long I'm very happy to have this going. A couple test cuts and there is no noticeable dust surrounding it.

The blade on this one is by Leuco, not a company I'd heard of before but I the cut is nice and clean.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Wasner View Post
    I've never used the 14", only the 12"

I'm curious if the bigger one whistles. All of mine with a guard on them whistle like crazy. Dust collection should remedy that as well though.

I might've mentioned this before. If you take the switch apart, there's a little spring you can remove to change it from a momentary switch to an on/off switch. Much more pleasant to use that way.
    This one is a 12", sort of an in-between model with a heavy base but smaller blade. It sounds a lot like a cabinet saw (table saw) so yeah it has a whistle. It's so much quieter than the job site saws I've been using that I can hardly notice the noise.

The spring is removed from this one, using it only briefly I agree, it's nice to use it this way.