Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: OMGA questions

Nice saw and a great setup Brian.

Blog Entries
    Thanks, Mark!

Ive been assembling a decent metrology kit in addition to this and it has really helped make the work much more efficient. Amazing how much time is saved by something as simple as repeatable sizing with square cuts.
    Last edited by Brian Holcombe; 07-13-2019 at 10:51 AM.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

Hi Brian, the most important thing is to develop an understanding of relationships, where and how errors can occur, how to eliminate as many as you can by designing your referencing system and ensuring what errors remain are insignificant and placed where they don't effect the assembly. Figuring out a system to ensure precision and accuracy is the fun part of woodworking. I always worked on the premise; that i set each operation as accurately as i could, then i assume that errors have crept in, so the next operation is set to eliminate any possible errors from the prior operation, this helps to eliminate accumulating error.

I have a similar style of chopsaw to you, it's an old Elumatec, with power feed. It was made for the aluminum window industry. It's a nice saw, does a great job.

elu.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Holcombe View Post
    Thanks, Mark!

Ive been assembling a decent metrology kit in addition to this and it has really helped make the work much more efficient. Amazing how much time is saved by something as simple as repeatable sizing with square cuts.

Blog Entries
    That’s a very nice saw, Mark! I agree totally and appreciate your post as I have been in a similar pursuit for some time but recently decided to approach it with considerable seriousness. I recognize the improvement in quality in conjunction with an improvement in expedience. It certainly helps to make one begin to become competitive with an otherwise simple tool kit.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.