Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: OMGA questions

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Holcombe View Post
    Thanks, Jim!

Btw, Im thinking to do away with the carpet and lay down some light colored rubber mats.
    I find that the ULine mats are pretty cost effective, but they are black or grey. Getting something "light colored" of similar anti-fatigue quality is going to be a tough row to hoe. You'll also want to consider the impact of what your personal choice of footwear is while working in there relative to slipperiness...
    ---

BTW, Brian speaks the truth about those miters on the crosses...they were incredibly precise and tight, which considering their size...well...amazing.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    Indeed, they mainly come from exercise sources and are in the range of $5/sqft which is pretty expensive for shop flooring. Thanks, I'll check out the Uline product.

Hah, true, I've been wearing my boots in the shop recently.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

Wow that looks amazing. So how is dust collection? Better than normal miter saws?
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Blog Entries
    Thank you! Dust collection is excellent, on 90 degree cross cuts it collects basically everything, and on miters it collects basically everything except when making trim cuts.

It’s a huge improvement over an SCMS in dust collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Holcombe View Post
    Indeed, they mainly come from exercise sources and are in the range of $5/sqft which is pretty expensive for shop flooring. Thanks, I'll check out the Uline product.

Hah, true, I've been wearing my boots in the shop recently.
    All of the mats in my shop came from ULine, so you were standing on them last week when we were burning the evening oil.
    --

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    All of the mats in my shop came from ULine, so you were standing on them last week when we were burning the evening oil.
    Excellent, those will do the trick.

https://www.uline.com/BL_1751/Anti-F...i+Fatigue+Mats

And you can pick up at the warehouse up near Allentown PA to avoid shipping costs if you want. The roll can be a good value if the whole shop area down there is to get covered like the carpet is now.
    --

Blog Entries
    That’s s good idea, I was thinking a roll between sharpening and chop saw, one bear the large, one near the bench and one at the entrance.

It's really easy to cut around things to get a "custom" fit, too. I did that at my lathe, for example. If you buy a roll, I might be persuaded to buy from you and use some of the extra if you don't use it up, too. I have some spots that could use attention.
    --

Blog Entries
    Cool, alright sounds like a plan. I think I’ll start this after I wrap up a few more jobs.

That extension wing and glide stop looks fantastic to use! Oh yeah, the OMGA looks nice too...

I was watching a 14" model at an online auction and then forgot to check back on it in time...ended yesterday and sold for around $900. No dust collection stand and appeared a little worse for wear than yours, though. Oh well, one of these days...

Blog Entries
    Thank you!

I saw that went off, I was wondering if you had gotten it. The one in Nj went for cheap, I was kicking myself there.

Brian, I wanted to give you a shoutout. I was scrolling through this thread the other night and my wife happened to see pics of your shop. She immediately made me scroll back and show her more pics. She said, "Can you please make your shop look like that?"

Apparently she doesn't like my abstract interpretation of shop organization

Blog Entries
    Hah! That’s cool, and now you’ve got approval to make shoji screens for the workshop I’d say

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pyle View Post
    Brian, I wanted to give you a shoutout. I was scrolling through this thread the other night and my wife happened to see pics of your shop. She immediately made me scroll back and show her more pics. She said, "Can you please make your shop look like that?"

Apparently she doesn't like my abstract interpretation of shop organization
    I think your better half would really "enjoy" you having a shop setup like Brian's...which is a lot more than any pictures show. Think townhouse with a reasonable percentage dedicated to woodworking on more than one level. LOL The most unique shop I've ever been in! It's an immersion setup.
    --