Thread: EZCad Rotary Issue with Vector File

EZCad Rotary Issue with Vector File

Hello All
    I have a 30watt fiber laser with the EZCad software. I have done a lot of flat engraving without any issues. I now have some items that require the Rotary index.
    Text engraving works fine... but, graphics....not so much.
    I have tried multiple formats without success. It keeps trying to engrave them as a flat object and won't rotate the rotary index.
    Any thoughts and or guidance would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Mark

Blog Entries
    Will assume you are just hitting the f2 key to laser? you have to use one of the rotary functions at the top under I think special functions (ezcad not on this computer) But download and read the manual........
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Text works because in rotary-text mode, the laser knows to do a letter, move, do a letter, move, etc... BY THE WAY, this mode works with any individually grouped objects.

However, for basic rotary, you must tell the laser how much space to engrave, THEN rotate. This is referred to as SPLIT SIZE in the rotary's menu. You have 2 options, 'mark by split line', (there's a check box) or by distance. On my machine, distance default is 1mm, which means it will engrave 1mm radially then move, then engrave the next 1mm, etc until finished. IF you have 'mark by split line' check but have no split lines, then there will be no rotation. In the rotary work window, you add split lines by double-clicking in the window. You move the line with the mouse. To remove a line, right-click on it. Zoom in and move the lines within spaces, if any. Otherwise, place where you think best. Use as many lines as you want. Be aware of how far your lines are apart, flat-engraving radially leaves you only so far to go before you're engraving 'too far down the hill'.

Some people engrave by distance, using very small distance entries, like .1 or even .05mm, this is to combat the visible seams that can occur with joining wider distances...

-so- make sure 'mark by split line' is UNchecked if you're using the distance method
    Last edited by Kev Williams; 12-15-2018 at 3:45 PM.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle