Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A Timberframed Woodworking Shop - Build Thread

Blog Entries

A Timberframed Woodworking Shop - Build Thread

This weekend I started working on what will be my new workshop. A 25x40 timberframe and plan on documenting it fairly thoroughly. If folks are interested, please let me know and I'd be happy to spend some time documenting it for folks here.

Cheers,

Brent

I'm in. Details and lots of pictures

Sweet. You will find that folks in this creek love shop photos. Enjoy the process.

You should absolutely detail your build in this thread continuously...a lot of folks will enjoy it, including myself. Timber Frame structures just plain "have a feel" that's unequaled by almost any other method of building. Bravo (and bravery) on that choice!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

In around 1990 I took a weeklong timber framing workshop in Port Townsend and Ted Benson was headlining it. Never did a frame of my own so I will enjoy living vicariously through yours.

Quote Originally Posted by brent stanley View Post
    This weekend I started working on what will be my new workshop. A 25x40 timberframe and plan on documenting it fairly thoroughly. If folks are interested, please let me know and I'd be happy to spend some time documenting it for folks here.

Cheers,

Brent
    You've just made my Christmas!!

Bruce
    Epilog TT 35W, 2 LMI SE225CV's
    CorelDraw 4 through 11
    CarveWright
    paper and pencils

We love pictures... and congratulations on your future shop.
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

Good for you. You will probably beat me to completion at the rate mine seems to be going...
    Regards,

Kris

Looking forward to seeing it go up. Post lots of pics!
    Jeff

I’m looking forward to learning more about your project. By all means please post pix!

Where do you live? Will this be inspected. What about wind loads, seismic and termites.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    Where do you live? Will this be inspected. What about wind loads, seismic and termites.
    Hi Bill, this going to be built in eastern Canada in a very rural area so engineering and inspection are not required and permitting requirements are minimal. I do work with a couple of engineers though so if it was required it wouldn't be a problem. No termite issues up here yet.

B

So when is this project scheduled to start? Any details to share? Are you going to put a basement under the shop?

Blog Entries
    Ok, sounds like people are interested, so I'll kick this off soon. I've spent the past few days moving timbers into my rented shop space and am usually pretty spent by the end of the day.

Stay tuned....

B

Add me to the list of people looking forward to watching a timber framed shop go up.