Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Supernova 2

Thanks for the replies. This was all useful information for a new bowl turner.

Regards from Perth

Derek

There is a package for the SuperNova2 that comes with chuck, screw, T handle, 2", 4", and 5" jaws for around $200....that seems way cheaper than any other brand. Is there any drawback to this setup? How big of a bowl would be okay on the SuperNova2 with the 5" jaws before you would need to get the Titan?
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Wilson80 View Post
    There is a package for the SuperNova2 that comes with chuck, screw, T handle, 2", 4", and 5" jaws for around $200....that seems way cheaper than any other brand. Is there any drawback to this setup? How big of a bowl would be okay on the SuperNova2 with the 5" jaws before you would need to get the Titan?
    Tom
    You can look at the manual from the link at the bottom of this page for the Teknatool recommendations for all of those jaws: https://www.teknatool.com/product/no...ernova2-chuck/

I have the 4" and 5" jaws - those and the SN2 are a healthy combination. That should be a good package for bowl/platter turners.

The Titan is a massive chuck. It is threaded directly for a specific lathe spindle which is nice, but I'm not happy that it does not come with a way to use the chuck wrench. I'm thinking of milling some flats on the back of mine.

JKJ