Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How does one keep gifts a secret these days??

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mioux View Post
    Buy local - Pay cash.
    I can't do that. Local stores don't carry what I want. When I go on their websites and try to find the closest store that has what I want, I'm always told that no store in 100 miles has it. So Amazon gets my business.

OK... yea i forgot, Walmart, et al destroyed local independent shopping.

whatever happened to using real plates?
    Vortex! What Vortex?

I am guessing you are responding to my need for Chinet paper bowls. I needed them to tape over marker/clearance lights on my motorhome so the lights won't cut through the cover. One cover got destroyed by the lights and other sharp things. Some of the lights have a fin along the top that is almost like a knife.

I figured foam bowls or the thinner paper bowls would cut through too easily. Obviously don't want to use real bowls for this. I also figured the clear plastic type disposable bowls might break or shatter.

Maybe this is getting a little bit off-topic, but ...
    Cleaning versus disposal?

How many pounds of coffee filters or plastic preload coffee pod cups are we using? How many people show up to the drive-through window with a ceramic or stainless steel reusable coffee mug that they clean at home.

I use green disposable filters, but most of the time a stainless steel screen . Yeah I pay two cents more per filter. Yeah, I get my coffee shop to fill my stainless steel coffee mug.

Sometimes I just wonder how many coffee mugs it takes to fill a landfill. The same people use water disposable bottles. All this trash goes somewhere, Just imagine if you had to put it in your own back yard.
    Last edited by Matt Mattingley; 12-21-2018 at 12:43 AM.