Thread: question for computer wizards

question for computer wizards

I run on two old computers, one not opening up now so hard drive an external plugged into the windows 7 box. I could use a 20 year old computer wizard, have asked about one and not heard back so with a number of annoying things set out to solve one of them. Computers seem to know im not a computer guy, reminds me of the first time riding a horse where he turned around and looked at me and realized the only thing I knew was motorcycles.

There is an empty shell of a folder from when I transferred to this external four gig drive. If I try and delete it says its not on the drive try again "Ha ha ha you stupid ha ha" every time. Went on the fish net and turns out India does not just live to scam us or provide service for all the big companies here that used to have humans that give us customer service. Computer wiz guy shows a solution.

Looks like what he says to do will work but try as much as I can I cant hear what the name of the program he is saying is. If you know or can tell me and is this in the windows 7 package already or is it something you have to download. And if you know the answer to this can you come and fix 20 other little things that give me grey hair

thanks to any wizards who respond,

w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EinVRAqyj8

Blog Entries
    There is an empty shell of a folder from when I transferred to this external four gig drive. If I try and delete it says its not on the drive try again "Ha ha ha you stupid ha ha" every time.
    Have you tried creating a new folder, placing the unwanted folder in the new folder and then sending the new folder to the trash?

That is what someone told me to do when faced with a similar problem and it worked.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

wont let me do it, wont let me rename it, just says its not there, not according to me the shell is there

delete.jpg

Blog Entries
    My computer wizard hat was lost many years ago and it wasn't for Windows.

Have you tried searching > computer says folder on screen doesn't exist <?

Looks like this is more common than one would think.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

He's saying to right click on the folder and select "Add to Archive" - a function which should exist on your Windows 7 machine. When the archive dialog appears, be sure to select the "Delete after archiving" checkbox.

If you right click on the folder and select properties, what does it say?
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

First is says this

1.jpg

then when I clic it says this

2.jpg
    always been the same. What the guy said that I could not catch was in a comment below. It was WinRAR. I found it in the computer and it said send 25.00 or so for an updated version of it. I saw other ways to approach it but it was a series of endless stuff to clic with letter and spaces and slashes and thisn and that. I might entertain it but nice just to press delete and see it go away, Ill try the archive thing but based on what he said you need that Winrar thing that I could not undestand

thanks

Hey Steve

thanks that worked, you got that right and simple and easy. Half the time I go looking get into things and go deeper and deeper realize I better get out. That was simple. The RAR thing was in a box there so not sure what that other message said I to buy it updated.

thanks very much puts a smile on my face after wanting it gone for a long time.