Thread: Veritas Platform Saddles- my new friends in the shop

Blog Entries

Veritas Platform Saddles- my new friends in the shop

The picture says it all. I’m about to cut some parts out of some plywood and these little orange gems are perfect for the job. They come with 3/4” bench dog adapters and can also screw into sawhorses or whatever you like. Sacrificial 2x4 can be cut with the track saw and not the bench top. A+

61400163-D132-4E26-A18A-BE8A5FFBA3C8.jpg

Hi Malcolm,

Glad you made some new friends - I keep a few scrap boards of the proper length and let gravity hold them in place flat-ways on my bench top. I don't have a track saw but this works well with a Skilsaw. I place one piece of scrap directly below the cut.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley Gray View Post
    Hi Malcolm,

Glad you made some new friends - I keep a few scrap boards of the proper length and let gravity hold them in place flat-ways on my bench top. I don't have a track saw but this works well with a Skilsaw. I place one piece of scrap directly below the cut.
    I don’t trust myself enough to lay them flat. I need the extra 2.5” of thickness in case I forget to set my depth!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    The picture says it all. I’m about to cut some parts out of some plywood and these little orange gems are perfect for the job. They come with 3/4” bench dog adapters and can also screw into sawhorses or whatever you like. Sacrificial 2x4 can be cut with the track saw and not the bench top. A+
    I agree these little helpers are wonderful. I see you have the larger size for 2X material and they look solid on your nice looking bench. I got a set of the smaller ones and they have breathed new life into my old Type 2 Workmate. I like the variable dog posts that fit everything from 3/4" to 20mm dog holes. Very clever design.

Veritas Saddle Clamps on Workmate 425.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dick Mahany; 12-08-2018 at 12:18 PM.
    Dick Mahany.