Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sawstop

Purchased my Sawstop in person at a local dealer. They threw in an extra blade and gave me 15% off any accessories that I wanted for it. Obviously this was not advertised, but it doesn’t hurt ask and why not support a local store.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pratt View Post
    Lee Valley may still have their gift cards on sale. That you could then use towards the saw. I just got a $1000 one for $850.
    I just blew through one of those too, but Im pretty sure Sawstop and Festool were exempt from purchasing with that gift card.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Lee Valley may still have their gift cards on sale. That you could then use towards the saw. I just got a $1000 one for $850.
    It does not appear that LV carries Sawstop

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dindner View Post
    Purchased my Sawstop in person at a local dealer. They threw in an extra blade and gave me 15% off any accessories that I wanted for it. Obviously this was not advertised, but it doesn’t hurt ask and why not support a local store.
    This will definitely vary with individual dealers. I checked at a local Woodcraft about possible "extras" and they were borderline snotty about it. But they're usually kinda dickish in general.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rainey View Post
    It does not appear that LV carries Sawstop
    Sorry, my mistake. They do in Canada.

6. I've been thinking saw stop too and while I know the price is fixed I might be able to get a deal on some cherry plywood I'll be needing soon.

I’m sure the ICS mobile base is better, but I have been very happy with the mobile base made for the PCS. I have the full length rails and side table and the base lifts the whole unit easily and evenly and it rolls smoothly. Check compatibility with desired accessories before you pick a base also. I think the folding outfeed table works with one and not the other.
    I also just checked my Lee Valley discounted gift card and it says on the back: “not redeemable for Festool or Sawstop products.”

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Nuckles View Post
    I’m sure the ICS mobile base is better, but I have been very happy with the mobile base made for the PCS. I have the full length rails and side table and the base lifts the whole unit easily and evenly and it rolls smoothly. Check compatibility with desired accessories before you pick a base also. I think the folding outfeed table works with one and not the other.
    I also just checked my Lee Valley discounted gift card and it says on the back: “not redeemable for Festool or Sawstop products.”
    Whether to use the ICS or PCS base depends on the individual shop layout & mobility needs. the ICS has 4 swivel casters & so is much more maneuverable, but wants to wander all over as it's being moved. But the PCS base with 2 non-swivel casters is more stable, but will only steer going back & forth the long way. To go sideways, you need to jog it back & forth (think parallel parking).

In my shop, I need to be able to move the saw both ways without doing the back & forth thing. So for me, the ICS base was the choice. The ICS base also has a larger footprint, so it better supports my fold-out out feed table.

Both are excellent mobile bases.

I moved from the PCS base to the ICS base when I added the in-line router table and cast iron insert as the PCS mobile base can't support the extra weight.

In my one-car garage shop, my saw stores longways against a wall. To use it you need to just swing one end in an arc about 90 degrees, so the ICS base was the logical choice. Works very well.

Kinda reminds me of moving a big, heavy boat with a small outboard motor. You can put it wherever you want, just need to overcome inertia.

In my shop, I need to be able to move the saw both ways without doing the back & forth thing. So for me, the ICS base was the choice. The ICS base also has a larger footprint, so it better supports my fold-out out feed table.

Both are excellent mobile bases.
    Yes, no need to get the ICS mobile base for the PCS unless needed, whether for mobility or or support reasons.

The ICS mobile base will also make a huge difference on a carpeted floor. Some showrooms I have been to have carpets, and the difference between the two types of bases immediately comes to light.

Simon

Obligatory "you're suppose to declare and pay your state's sale tax, if any, on items purchased in which the retailer did not charge taxes on".

Okay, that said I also recommend buying your Sawstop from a local dealer. When I inquired about possibly purchasing a Sawstop last November, the dealer said that he has to sell at full price but was willing to reimburse back the sales tax amount plus deliver the saw straight to my house. Pretty much best he could do.