hello everybody
i am in the market to buy a fiber laser. i currently do laser welding at my shop and we use alpha laser. i will want to use the engraver for firearms and many metal parts used in the mold industry that we deal with. another thing i want to do is some plastic, like glock frames, doing stippling designs on them. i have been looking at ray fine lasers. i am looking at ether a 30w or 50w for sure. i also am torn between getting a raycus or an ipg power source also deciding if i should get mopa or not. i have 15 grand saved up that i want to spend on an engraver. the most expensive would be the 50w ipg from ray fine. i see that the raycus has a 30-100khz and the ipg has a 30-200khz and also wondering about that. my other option is to go with a us company that sells a Chinese laser that they say is set up for doing firearms. the thing is is they sell a 30w fiber and don't sell the laser without a week long training in texas. the total cost for the training and laser is around 15 grand. their website is https://salelasers.com i am just ready for some input on what the best laser for the money is for what I'm doing. and if its worth to go get the training or if i should go with a ray fine machine and learn on my own. thanks!