A few months back there was a thread on shapers, I can't find it now, and during the course of the thread there was a good discussion on the use, and non use, of a power feeder, which got me to thinking I should look into getting one.
I have been around wood working machines, and shapers, since I was 12 or 13 years old and had never used a power feeder before.The type of projects I have done just didn't lend themselves to it's use with a power feeder, but I did listen, or read as it may be, the folks that were firmly in support of the use of the power feeder with a shaper, so I actively started looking for one on Craigslist for a cabinet project i now have to do. I found one this past weekend.
I found a 1/2HP, 3 wheeled ,Comatic AF-308, from 2004, that had been in storage for a few years. It's actually in really good shape,and works well. Now I need to mount it to my Delta 43-375 shaper.
The bolt pattern of the base mount of this power feeder is different than the holes drilled in the top of my shaper, so I need to drill mounting holes. The bolt pattern is 3-1/2" x 4-1/4", and uses 1/2" bolts.
Is it better to mount the feeder in the back left, or right of the shaper? It seems as if the back left will be easier, as the motor pulleys might be in the way on the right to get in there and bolt it in place once the holes are drilled.
I'm also open to a solution that doesn't involve drilling holes. I can drill the holes easy enough, but if there is an alternative to drilling, I'd like to investigate it.

Any tips and tricks, or just good info, with respect to the use of the power feeder are appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Mike