Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Brese View Post
    Looks great,

Ron
    Thanks Ron, also works well.

ken

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    Another great bench Ken. Wow! Just wow!
    If you weren't so tired of it, building benches could be a retirement income .

Can't wait to see what you build with it!
    Fred
    Fred,

Thanks, My back wouldn't hold up to it.

I expect first up will be a couple of chairs and some low stools.

ken

Quote Originally Posted by Reinis Kanders View Post
    Great Bench!

I also liked the shave horse, is that your design?
    Reinis,

Thanks, Not original. It is loosely based on one that I can't remember where I found it. This was meant to be a proof of concept build but it works so well that I've never gotten around to building a nice one. I think the design came from one of the chair building sites, if you are interested google Windsor chair or stick chair and I bet a link will be reasonably easy to find.

ken

Quote Originally Posted by Stew Denton View Post
    Ken,

It absolutely looks great. I'm sure you will be extremely pleased using it. Great Job!

Stew
    Thanks Stew,

ken

I bet, looks uber functional. A good work bench is one of the greatest tools.

Ron

Blog Entries
    That's a fine looking bench. The bench and shave horse look like a Clydesdale and her foal. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Brese View Post
    I bet, looks uber functional. A good work bench is one of the greatest tools.

Ron
    I agree. I like 'em simple and this one is pretty simple with the exception of the tool well and over the last couple of years I've come to appreciate having a tool well.

ken

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    That's a fine looking bench. The bench and shave horse look like a Clydesdale and her foal. :-)
    Malcolm,

Not a work of art like some I've seen but a good functional bench. BTW, I didn't realize the shavehorse was in the photo before it was posted but it does kinda look that way.

ken

I believe the shaving horse is the Drew Langsner design. You will find free plans on line.

Followed the build on your blog rather than here; enjoyed it a lot. Like the bench a lot.

Also giggled at some of the comments on all the things you did wrong. As my daddy liked to say about such things, "noncarborundum illigitimi." [pidgen latin for 'don't let the bastards wear you down.')
    Fair winds and following seas,
    Jim Waldron

Quote Originally Posted by David Silverson View Post
    I believe the shaving horse is the Drew Langsner design. You will find free plans on line.
    David,

Thanks, I couldn't remember who or how I found it but I thought it was a link from a chair maker site. It is a good horse, an easy build. I'm trying to figure out how to keep the basic design but make it easy to break down. Seems to be the story of all my recent builds.

ken

Quote Originally Posted by James Waldron View Post
    Followed the build on your blog rather than here; enjoyed it a lot. Like the bench a lot.

Also giggled at some of the comments on all the things you did wrong. As my daddy liked to say about such things, "noncarborundum illigitimi." [pidgen latin for 'don't let the bastards wear you down.')
    Jim,

Thanks. I've built a number of benches and while the Roubo style bench (I've built a few) is a great bench the Moravian brings a lot to the table and I think is a better bench for most hobby woodworkers. If for no other reason than it can be broken down and moved. Gotta give Will Myers props for resurrecting the Moravian bench and even more for staying true to the example he had to work with.

Yep, I found them rather funny myself. Bless their souls. I do like your Dad's way of thinking.

ken

Ken it’s the next build on my long list.

Quote Originally Posted by David Silverson View Post
    Ken it’s the next build on my long list.
    David,

Good on you. If you can, post a tic-tock and photos as you build.

ken