Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Moravian Bench Really Is Finished

Never stop posting pictures of your Moravian(s), Ken. They feed my soul.
    Please Pick One of the Following:

Built Correctly & Within Budget / Within Budget & Done Quickly / Done Quickly & Built Correctly

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Rothermel View Post
    Never stop posting pictures of your Moravian(s), Ken. They feed my soul.

Jake,

Thanks, I expect others might find them a little boring but I agree, I spent a good amount of time with coffee in hand just looking and touching the new bench.

ken

Ken,what are the dimensions of the top of your bench? The front slab seems much bigger than that posted by Will Myers.

Quote Originally Posted by David Silverson View Post
    Ken,what are the dimensions of the top of your bench? The front slab seems much bigger than that posted by Will Myers.
    David,

It is. The bench is not meant to be portable so almost all the dimensions are larger. The shop bench is 18" wide and 3 1/2" thick. The two portable benches, IIRC are ~11" and ~12" wide and 8/4 thick.

ken

Ken,Thankyou.

Nathan, I purchased a similar horse hair brush from HD or you can get a cheap one that works okay fromHF

I bought a similar bench brush and w i d e dustpan from LV back in the 1980s. Still kickin’.

Blog Entries
    Very nice bench, Ken. I love the shot of her next to the sawhorse- kinda looks like a mare and her foal.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    Very nice bench, Ken. I love the shot of her next to the sawhorse- kinda looks like a mare and her foal.
    Thanks Malcolm. I hadn't noticed the shave horse next to the bench before, once I saw it it brought a smile.

Here is the bench today, I still haven't re-done the tool tray as planned and it has been moved to the main bench position. All I can say is it is a joy to work on, everything needed with nothing extra to get in the way.

workbenchToday.jpg

ken