Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice on miter saw dust collection port size

Blog Entries
    I directed mine into a stud cavity with a 6" at the bottom. No collection at the saw port, it just spits into the stud cavity using an old rubber 90 from my dad's old Dewalt RAS..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NOW you tell me...

Thanks. I also have many long term "temporary" setups...

Quote Originally Posted by John Ziebron View Post
    I recently bought a new (and hopefully last) miter saw - the Bosch 12 inch slider. I have a 3HP cyclone DC with 6 inch pipes in my shop. I made a larger rubber shroud to replace the original and so far have only used the saw DC port connected to one of my shop vacs until I can get it permanently connected to the larger system.

I intend to branch off and connect a smaller (probably 2 1/2 inch line) to the saw port and a larger line to a shroud that I'll be making to cover the area near the bottom of the saw. My dilemma is the size of the line going to my home made shroud. I know that a full 6 inch line will give me more CFM and a 4 inch line will give me more velocity. I'm not sure which will work better in this application and am looking for advice/comments. Sorry if this topic has been covered before; I have read a lot of threads on miter saw dust collection already.
    John, is this saw the Glide saw? I made a shroud that captures near enough to everything for my Glider and can post pics if needed.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Parks View Post
    John, is this saw the Glide saw? I made a shroud that captures near enough to everything for my Glider and can post pics if needed.
    Chris, yes, this is the Bosch 12" glide saw. It replaced my DeWalt DWS780 when I needed more room. I'd love to see some pics of your shroud.