Thread: Rockwell 34-425 fence extension and upgrade--possible?

Rockwell 34-425 fence extension and upgrade--possible?

I love my Rockewell tilt-arbor table saw but I'm limited to 24" rip cuts. It wouldbe nice to be able to replace the old pipe-rails with a better system. anyone have any luck doing this? Can't seem to find any videos or DIY articles for this particular saw.
    Last edited by Dave Brockett; 12-12-2018 at 9:57 AM.

Dave not sure exactly what you are asking. Are you looking for longer rails like you have or a new fence system. There are multiple choices available for new fences. Biesmeyer type fences from about 4-5 manufactures,Vega fence ,VSCT fence and more. My favorite fence is a Delta Unifence,these are no longer made,so if you want one used is the only option. You did not mention a budget so it is harder to narrow down a recommendation. I would say that any of these fences would be an upgrade, Mike.

I replaced the original pipe rail style fence on my Rockwell Beaver table saw with a Delta T2 fence. Basically all that is involved is mounting an angle iron to the front and back edges of the table. Assuming your top is cast iron it is very easy to drill if the existing holes don't line up with the holes in the angle iron (or you can drill the angle iron the match the existing holes in the top). There are several Youtube videos showing how it is done, here is one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaqP1NIKBDA

I just finished building a new rail system for my table saw following the instructions on the VSCT site. It was easy and less than $200.00. I've ordered the VSCT fence, but you'd have lots of Biesmeyer style options that would fit this type of fence.

Longer rails so I have a min of 34" rip capacity. In terms of budget, it is a $200.00 saw so I wouldn't want to go more than $3-400.00.

This essentially the same fence as I have on my saw. Technically it only has 30" rip to the right of the blade, if you shift it 4" you can get the 34" you want provided you don't need the 13 1/2" to the left. Meets your budget at $219.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Delta-Po...-205803795-_-N