My Tormek is over 20 years old, and still going strong. I'm on my 2nd grinding wheel. I have a bunch of different jigs for it, and I think they all work great. I use it for re-establishing bevels on all my tools, including scissors, knives, chisels, plane blades, gouges, and turning tools. I do not use it for honing. I do that with 3M microabrasive.

If I need to establish a proper bevel on a tool that is way out of whack, the Tormek is way too slow. I recently reground a timberframing slick that is 3 1/2" wide. It's a Greenlee. Excellent, very hard steel. It was ground by an idiot at 45°, which is why I think I got it so cheaply. I used my 2X72 belt grinder for this, and other vintage chisel regrinds, as the Tormek would have taken 2 days to do this.

What I really like about my Tormek jigs is they allow for excellent repeatability. I do a lot of different work in my shop, and turning, for instance, is not a daily occurrence. Because it isn't, I don't rely on freehanding an expensive bowl gouge. I don't want to screw it up and waste valuable metal. The Tormek jig for gouges and carving tools is instantly repeatable with the same exact results over and over.

I hone everything on 3M microabrasive on granite. I get my tools to a mirror polish and insanely sharp in minutes. Works for me. Almost all my tools are either O1 or A2.