Thread: Chevron Kitchen Cabinet Door Design

Chevron Kitchen Cabinet Door Design

We have a client that is looking for us to create Kitchen cabinet door with the chevron pattern on a slab door style. Now with our CNC machine a printable door option is pretty easy. But we are trying to figure out a cost effective and stable way of making this same door in any specie of wood. Looking for ideas/options. Thanks.

Randy Zimmerman

Stability means using mdf for the substrate and laying veneer or 1mm ply in the chevron pattern. It's easy to machine the bits but laying up individual pieces is hardly cost effective. I'm still thinking about this one. Cheers

Got a pic of what you mean by chevron pattern?

If the design will be anything like the thin lines of sergeant stripes you will have pale colors and not much grain showing.
    Its time to bring back inlaid laminate for that type of design. It was done by hand years ago. CNC can make it easily.

Chevron pattern is like parquetry except the ends of each piece are mitred rather than square. I am assuming my definition is the same as the OPs. I still can't think of a way to do it that's better than laying up by hand. Cheers