Thread: Euro Bandsaw guide parts

Euro Bandsaw guide parts

Looking to find replacement back guides(thrust bearings) for my new old Wadkin C800 bandsaw. Diameter of the attachment rods
    is the same as my MMi6. having difficulty locating them. Anyone know where they can be found?

Blog Entries
    Why not upgrade to ceramic guides? I just did for my Felder FB510. I ordered the Laguna ceramic guide kit for euro saws and the fit was perfect.

https://lagunatools.com/accessories/...ide-selection/

As a result of my retrofit, I do have the parts you are looking for. if you don’t wish to retrofit, we might be able to come to an arrangement via PM.

Mike

Rob,

Have you tried some the of suppliers located in the UK? One of them is Conway Saw. Another is Scott & Sargeant. As I have never dealt with them, I am not sure what the shipping cost would be though. An alternative is Felder. I have recently ordered the upper guide assembly from them.

Hope this helps,

J.
    Last edited by Jacques Gagnon; 05-12-2019 at 9:42 AM.

Rob,

No affiliation but here's an option:

https://spaceageceramics.com/product...t-bearing-pin/

I have euro guides on an Agazzani saw and at one point awhile back I shopped around for ceramic guides. These seemed, at the time, to be a great option.

Best, Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Cohen View Post
    Looking to find replacement back guides(thrust bearings) for my new old Wadkin C800 bandsaw. Diameter of the attachment rods
    is the same as my MMi6. having difficulty locating them. Anyone know where they can be found?
    Have you asked Minimax? Those bearings do wear out in normal use, so Minimax should have them for re-supply.

Hey Mike. Just looking to replace the rear thrust bearings on a used Wadkin C800 I just bought. I mostly resaw, so the euro guides are just fine.
    Not sure how to PM here, but I would be interested in the parts

I do not seem to have the ability to send a PM. I am interested in some of the parts from your Felder

Rob,
    To use the PM system you must be a contributor to SMC. Incidently, I looked at the thrust bearing in my saw and it appears pretty worn as well. Mine is labeled 'GL 456'.
    I wonder if you can describe how yours are worn?
    Here's a couple pics of the upper thrust bearing on my saw:
    IMG_3864.jpg
    IMG_3863.jpg
    I'm curious if yours are similarly worn. On mine it seems the blade is riding on the thrust bearing too much, maybe I need to increase the tension in the blade?

Blog Entries
    Rob, I’m willing to send you the bushing. I’d ask that you become a donor to sawmill creek — it costs something to host and administer this site and I personally get more than $6 of value annually from it. So, if you donate, you’ll be able to pm me your address and I’ll send you the bearing.

mike

Bravo Mike! That's a heckuva good offer.

Do your ceramics throw sparks?

The ones I have on the Wadkin C800are even worse. I have a MM16 as well and those are in pretty good shape. I have always backed them off so they will just touch lightly under pressure while sawing. If they are pushing harder than that the blade will start to twist and not cut straight. So it is a function of proper tension and bearing adjustment

Blog Entries
    I've not seen any sparks with the Laguna ceramics. Laguna does warn you to check your blade welds...
    Mike